Constraints on Loan Sales and the Price of Liquidity
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Financial Services Research.
Volume (Year): 33 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102934
Loan sales; liquidity; syndicated loans; loan contracts; G20; G21;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arnoud W. A. Boot & Anjan V. Thakor, 2000.
"Can Relationship Banking Survive Competition?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(2), pages 679-713, 04.
- Christopher Hennessy & Toni Whited, 2004.
2004 Meeting Papers
592, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Maria Vassalou & Yuhang Xing, 2004. "Default Risk in Equity Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 831-868, 04.
- Pegaret Pichler, 2001. "A Theory of the Syndicate: Form Follows Function," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(6), pages 2237-2264, December.
- Dennis, Steven A. & Mullineaux, Donald J., 2000. "Syndicated Loans," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 404-426, October.
- Sudheer Chava & Dmitry Livdan & Amiyatosh Purnanandam, 2009. "Do Shareholder Rights Affect the Cost of Bank Loans?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(8), pages 2973-3004, August.
- Sandeep Dahiya & Manju Puri & Anthony Saunders, 2003. "Bank Borrowers and Loan Sales: New Evidence on the Uniqueness of Bank Loans," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76(4), pages 563-582, October.
- Jonathan D. Jones & William W. Lang & Peter J. Nigro, 2005. "Agent Bank Behavior In Bank Loan Syndications," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 28(3), pages 385-402.
- Ongena, S. & Smith, D.C., 2000. "Bank relationships: A review," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-80678, Tilburg University.
- John S. Gonas & Michael J. Highfield & Donald J. Mullineaux, 2004. "When Are Commercial Loans Secured?," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 39(1), pages 79-99, 02.
- Boot, Arnoud W A & Thakor, Anjan, 2003.
"The Economic Value of Flexibility When There is Disagreement,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3709, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Arnoud W.A. Boot & Anjan V. Thakor, 2003. "The Economic Value of Flexibility when there is Disagreement," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-002/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1996. " Multifactor Explanations of Asset Pricing Anomalies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 55-84, March.
- Angbazo, Lazarus A. & Mei, Jianping & Saunders, Anthony, 1998. "Credit spreads in the market for highly leveraged transaction loans," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(10-11), pages 1249-1282, October.
- Luca Casolaro & Dario Focarelli & Alberto Franco Pozzolo, 2003.
"The pricing effect of certification on bank loans: evidence from the syndicated credit market,"
864, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Casolaro, Luca & Focarelli, Dario & Pozzolo, Alberto Franco, 2003. "The Pricing Effect of Certification on Bank Loans: Evidence from the Syndicated Credit Market," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp03010, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
- Maretno Harjoto & Donald Mullineaux & Ha-Chin Yi, 2006. "A Comparison of Syndicated Loan Pricing at Investment and Commercial Banks," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 35(4), Winter.
- Thakor, Anjan V., 2000. "Relationship Banking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 3-5, January.
- Maretno Harjoto & Donald J. Mullineaux & Ha-Chin Yi, 2006. "A Comparison of Syndicated Loan Pricing at Investment and Commercial Banks," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 35(4), pages 49-70, December.
- Katerina Simons, 1993. "Why do banks syndicate loans?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jan, pages 45-52.
- Angelo Baglioni, 2012.
"Liquidity Crunch in the Interbank Market: Is it Credit or Liquidity Risk, or Both?,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 1-18, April.
- Angelo Baglioni, 2009. "Liquidity crunch in the interbank market: is it credit or liquidity risk, or both?," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Economia e Finanza ief0091, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Allen, Linda & Gottesman, Aron A. & Peng, Lin, 2012. "The impact of joint participation on liquidity in equity and syndicated bank loan markets," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 50-78.
- Parlour, Christine A. & Winton, Andrew, 2013. "Laying off credit risk: Loan sales versus credit default swaps," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 25-45.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.