Constraints on Loan Sales and the Price of Liquidity
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Financial Services Research.
Volume (Year): 33 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102934
Loan sales; liquidity; syndicated loans; loan contracts; G20; G21;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thakor, Anjan V., 2000. "Relationship Banking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 3-5, January.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1996. " Multifactor Explanations of Asset Pricing Anomalies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 55-84, March.
- Pegaret Pichler, 2001. "A Theory of the Syndicate: Form Follows Function," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(6), pages 2237-2264, December.
- Katerina Simons, 1993. "Why do banks syndicate loans?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jan, pages 45-52.
- Ongena, S. & Smith, D.C., 2000. "Bank relationships: A review," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-80678, Tilburg University.
- Boot, Arnoud W A & Thakor, Anjan, 1997.
"Can Relationship Banking Survive Competition?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1592, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christopher A. Hennessy & Toni M. Whited, 2005.
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 60(3), pages 1129-1165, 06.
- Angbazo, Lazarus A. & Mei, Jianping & Saunders, Anthony, 1998. "Credit spreads in the market for highly leveraged transaction loans," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(10-11), pages 1249-1282, October.
- Dennis, Steven A. & Mullineaux, Donald J., 2000. "Syndicated Loans," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 404-426, October.
- Maretno Harjoto & Donald J. Mullineaux & Ha-Chin Yi, 2006. "A Comparison of Syndicated Loan Pricing at Investment and Commercial Banks," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 35(4), pages 49-70, December.
- Boot, Arnoud W A & Thakor, Anjan, 2003.
"The Economic Value of Flexibility When There is Disagreement,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3709, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Arnoud W.A. Boot & Anjan V. Thakor, 2003. "The Economic Value of Flexibility when there is Disagreement," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-002/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- John S. Gonas & Michael J. Highfield & Donald J. Mullineaux, 2004. "When Are Commercial Loans Secured?," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 39(1), pages 79-99, 02.
- Jonathan D. Jones & William W. Lang & Peter J. Nigro, 2005. "Agent Bank Behavior In Bank Loan Syndications," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 28(3), pages 385-402.
- Casolaro, Luca & Focarelli, Dario & Pozzolo, Alberto Franco, 2003. "The Pricing Effect of Certification on Bank Loans: Evidence from the Syndicated Credit Market," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp03010, University of Molise, Dept. SEGeS.
- repec:fip:fedhpr:y:2003:i:may:p:354-374 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sandeep Dahiya & Manju Puri & Anthony Saunders, 2003. "Bank Borrowers and Loan Sales: New Evidence on the Uniqueness of Bank Loans," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76(4), pages 563-582, October.
- Maria Vassalou & Yuhang Xing, 2004. "Default Risk in Equity Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 831-868, 04.
- Maretno Harjoto & Donald Mullineaux & Ha-Chin Yi, 2006. "A Comparison of Syndicated Loan Pricing at Investment and Commercial Banks," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 35(4), Winter.
- Angelo Baglioni, 2009.
"Liquidity crunch in the interbank market: is it credit or liquidity risk, or both?,"
DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Economia e Finanza
ief0091, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Angelo Baglioni, 2012. "Liquidity Crunch in the Interbank Market: Is it Credit or Liquidity Risk, or Both?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 1-18, April.
- Parlour, Christine A. & Winton, Andrew, 2013. "Laying off credit risk: Loan sales versus credit default swaps," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 25-45.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.