Using Loan Rates to Measure and Regulate Bank Risk: Findings and an Immodest Proposal
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Financial Services Research.
Volume (Year): 24 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102934
Deposit insurance reform; credit risk pricing; risk-based capital regulation.;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hannan, Timothy H., 1991. "Bank commercial loan markets and the role of market structure: evidence from surveys of commercial lending," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 133-149, February.
- R. Alton Gilbert & Andrew P. Meyer & Mark D. Vaughan, 2000. "The role of a CAMEL downgrade model in bank surveillance," Working Papers 2000-021, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- William B. English & William R. Nelson, 1998. "Bank risk rating of business loans," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-51, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Robert B. Avery & Michael Gordy, . "Estimation of a Markov Model of Loan Seasoning with Aggregated Performance Data," Computing in Economics and Finance 1997 95, Society for Computational Economics.
- Pennacchi, George, 2006. "Deposit insurance, bank regulation, and financial system risks," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Allen Berger, 2006.
"Potential Competitive Effects of Basel II on Banks in SME Credit Markets in the United States,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 5-36, February.
- Allen N. Berger, 2004. "Potential competitive effects of Basel II on banks in SME credit markets in the United States," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-12, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- James Vickery, 2005. "How and why do small firms manage interest rate risk? Evidence from commercial loans," Staff Reports 215, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Dilip Madan & George Pennacchi, 2003. "Introduction: Special Issue on Pricing the Risks of Deposit Insurance," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 89-92, October.
- Smith, R. Todd & van Egteren, Henry, 2005. "Interest rate smoothing and financial stability," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 147-171.
- Marco A Espinosa-Vega & Allen N. Berger & Nathan H. Miller & W. Scott Frame, 2005.
"Debt Maturity, Risk, and Asymmetric Information,"
IMF Working Papers
05/201, International Monetary Fund.
- Allen N. Berger & Marco A. Espinosa-Vega & W. Scott Frame & Nathan H. Miller, 2004. "Debt maturity, risk, and asymmetric information," Working Paper 2004-32, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Allen N. Berger & Marco A. Espinosa-Vega & W. Scott Frame & Nathan H. Miller, 2004. "Debt maturity, risk, and asymmetric information," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-60, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mark Carey & Greg Nini, 2004. "Is the corporate loan market globally integrated? a pricing puzzle," International Finance Discussion Papers 813, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Luc Laeven & Gustavo Suarez, 2013. "Bank Leverage and Monetary Policy's Risk-Taking Channel: Evidence from the United States," IMF Working Papers 13/143, International Monetary Fund.
- Vickery, James, 2008. "How and why do small firms manage interest rate risk," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 446-470, February.
- Sherrill Shaffer, 2008. "Financial Performance Of Small Business Loans: Indirect Evidence," CAMA Working Papers 2008-28, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.