Substitution of Noncash Payment Instruments for Cash in Europe
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Financial Services Research.
Volume (Year): 19 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102934
cash; debit card; payments; tax evasion;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Young, Peg & Ord, J. Keith, 1989. "Model selection and estimation for technological growth curves," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 501-513.
- Hannan, Timothy H & McDowell, John M, 1984. "Market Concentration and the Diffusion of New Technology in the Banking Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(4), pages 686-91, November.
- Meade, Nigel & Islam, Towhidul, 1995. "Forecasting with growth curves: An empirical comparison," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 199-215, June.
- Alessandra Guariglia & Yiing Jia Loke, 2004. "What determines the value and volume of noncash transactions? Evidence from a panel of European and North American countries," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 36(4), pages 291-303.
- Columba, Francesco, 2007.
"The Speed of Euro Adoption,"
5547, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cronin, David & McGuinness, Anne, 2010. "Retail Payment Practices. How They Have Evolved in Recent Times and Where They Might Be Going," Quarterly Bulletin Articles, Central Bank of Ireland, pages 56-82, April.
- Martikainen, Emmi & Schmiedel, Heiko & Takalo, Tuomas, 2013. "Convergence in European retail payments," Occasional Paper Series 147, European Central Bank.
- Humphrey, David B., 2004. "Replacement of cash by cards in US consumer payments," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 211-225.
- Columba, Francesco, 2009.
"Narrow money and transaction technology: new disaggregated evidence,"
12689, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Columba, Francesco, 2009. "Narrow money and transaction technology: New disaggregated evidence," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 312-325, July.
- Guerino Ardizzi & Eleonora Iachini, 2013. "Why are payment habits so heterogeneous across and within countries? Evidence from European countries and Italian regions," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 144, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & De Renzis, Tania & Schmiedel , Heiko, 2012. "Retail payments and economic growth," Research Discussion Papers 19/2012, Bank of Finland.
- Helmut Stix, 2004.
"How Do Debit Cards Affect Cash Demand? Survey Data Evidence,"
Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 93-115, June.
- Helmut Stix, 2003. "How Do Debit Cards Affect Cash Demand? Survey Data Evidence," Working Papers 82, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Hromcová, Jana, 2008. "Learning-or-doing in a cash-in-advance economy with costly credit," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 2826-2853, September.
- Helmut Stix, 2004. "How Do Debit Cards Affect Cash Demand? Survey Data Evidence," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 93-115, June.
- Helmut Stix, 2004. "The Impact of ATM Transactions and Cashless Payments on Cash Demand in Austria," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 1, pages 90-105, May.
- Humphrey, David & Kaloudis, Aris & Owre, Grete, 2004. "The future of cash: falling legal use and implications for government policy," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 221-233, July.
- Duca, John V. & VanHoose, David D., 2004. "Recent developments in understanding the demand for money," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 247-272.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.