Perceived Impact of Economic Downturn on Worry Experienced by Elderly Chinese Immigrants in Canada
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Family and Economic Issues.
Volume (Year): 32 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=104904
Chinese; Economic downturn; Impact; Older adults; Recession;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rochelle Parks-Yancy & Nancy DiTomaso & Corinne Post, 2007. "The Mitigating Effects of Social and Financial Capital Resources on Hardships," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 429-448, September.
- Neena Chappell, 2005. "Perceived change in quality of life among chinese canadian seniors: the role of involvement in chinese culture," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 69-91, 03.
- Yung-Ting Su, 2008. "Looking Beyond Retirement: Patterns and Predictors of Formal End-of-Life Planning Among Retirement Age Individuals," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 654-673, December.
- Haejeong Kim & Jinhee Kim, 2010. "Information Search for Retirement Plans Among Financially Distressed Consumers," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 51-62, March.
- David M. Cutler & Felicia Knaul & Rafael Lozano & Oscar Mendez & Beatriz Zurita, 2000.
"Financial Crisis, Health Outcomes and Aging: Mexico in the 1980s and 1990s,"
NBER Working Papers
7746, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cutler, David M. & Knaul, Felicia & Lozano, Rafael & Mendez, Oscar & Zurita, Beatriz, 2002. "Financial crisis, health outcomes and ageing: Mexico in the 1980s and 1990s," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 279-303, May.
- Deanna Sharpe, 2008. "Economic Status of Older Asians in the United States," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 570-583, December.
- David E. Bloom & Gilles Grenier & Morley Gunderson, 1995.
"The Changing Labour Market Position of Canadian Immigrants,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(4b), pages 987-1005, November.
- Bloom, D. & Grenier, G. & Gunderson, M., 1993. "The Changing Labour Market Position of Canadian Immigrants," Working Papers 9305e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- David E. Bloom & Gilles Grenier & Morley Gunderson, 1994. "The Changing Labor Market Position of Canadian Immigrants," NBER Working Papers 4672, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry R. Chiswick & Yinon Cohen & Tzippi Zach, 1997. "The labor market status of immigrants: Effects of the unemployment rate at arrival and duration of residence," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 50(2), pages 289-303, January.
- Hurd, Michael D, 1990. "Research on the Elderly: Economic Status, Retirement, and Consumption and Saving," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(2), pages 565-637, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.