Welfare, inequality and the transformation of incomes the case of weighted income distributions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 9 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909
Weighted Income Distributions; Inequality and Welfare Comparisons; Income Transformation; D31; D63; H24;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moyes Patrick, 1994. "Inequality Reducing and Inequality Preserving Transformations of Incomes: Symmetric and Individualistic Transformations," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 271-298, August.
- Harrison, Elizabeth & Seidl, Christian, 1994. " Perceptional Inequality and Preferential Judgements: An Empirical Examination of Distributional Axioms," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 79(1-2), pages 61-81, April.
- Moyes, Patrick, 1987. "A new concept of Lorenz domination," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 203-207.
- Moyes, Patrick, 1992. "The through-time redistributive effect of income taxation : The intermediate inequality view," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 59-71, August.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Sen, Amartya & Starrett, David, 1973. "Notes on the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 180-187, April.
- Amiel, Yoram & Cowell, Frank A., 1992. "Measurement of income inequality : Experimental test by questionnaire," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 3-26, February.
- Bossert, Walter & Pfingsten, Andreas, 1990. "Intermediate inequality: concepts, indices, and welfare implications," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 117-134, April.
- Jakobsson, Ulf, 1976. "On the measurement of the degree of progression," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1-2), pages 161-168.
- Coral del RÎo & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2000. "Intermediate inequality and welfare," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 223-239.
- Ebert, Udo & Moyes, Patrick, 2000. "Consistent Income Tax Structures When Households Are Heterogeneous," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 116-150, January.
- Udo Ebert, 1999. "Using equivalent income of equivalent adults to rank income distributions," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 233-258.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1983. "Ranking Income Distributions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 3-17, February.
- Udo Ebert & Patrick Moyes, 2000. "Adjusting Incomes for Needs: Can One Avoid Equivalence Scales?," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0917, Econometric Society.
- Besley, Timothy J & Preston, I P, 1988. "Invariance and the Axiomatics of Income Tax Progression: A Comment," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 159-63, April.
- Alain Chateauneuf & Patrick Moyes, 2004.
"Lorenz non-consistent welfare and inequality measurement,"
Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 61-87, August.
- Alain Chateauneuf & Patrick Moyes, 2005. "Lorenz non-consistent welfare and inequality measurement," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 61-87, January.
- Alain Chateauneuf & Patrick Moyes, 2004. "Lorenz Non-Consistent Welfare and Inequality Measurement," IDEP Working Papers 0406, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised May 2004.
- Luis J. Imedio Olmedo & Encarnación M. Parrado Gallardo & Maria Dolores Sarrión Gavilán, 2003. "Códigos impositivos lineales. Su efecto sobre poblaciones heterogéneas," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 167(4), pages 57-85, December.
- Chateauneuf, Alain & Moyes, Patrick, 2005. "Measuring Inequality Without the Pigou-Dalton Condition," Working Paper Series RP2005/02, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:old:wpaper:333 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.