Asymmetric price adjustment in a menu-cost model
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics Zeitschrift für Nationalökonomie.
Volume (Year): 68 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909
menu costs; asymmetric price adjustment; panel data; manufacturing prices; retail prices; E3; L16;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Caplin, A. & Leahy, J., 1989.
"State-Dependent Pricing And The Dynamics Of Money And Output,"
1989_32, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Caplin, Andrew & Leahy, John, 1991. "State-Dependent Pricing and the Dynamics of Money and Output," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 106(3), pages 683-708, August.
- Ball, L. & Mankiw, N.G., 1992.
"Asymmetric Price Adjustment and Economic Fluctuations,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1602, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Ball, Laurence & Mankiw, N Gregory, 1994. "Asymmetric Price Adjustment and Economic Fluctuations," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 247-61, March.
- Laurence Ball & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1994. "Asymmetric Price Adjustment and Economic Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 4089, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew C. Caplin & Daniel F. Spulber, 1987.
"Menu Costs and the Neutrality of Money,"
NBER Working Papers
2311, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mankiw, N Gregory & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986. "Money Demand and the Effects of Fiscal Policies," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(4), pages 415-29, November.
- Bhargava, A & Franzini, L & Narendranathan, W, 1982. "Serial Correlation and the Fixed Effects Model," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(4), pages 533-49, October.
- Susanto Basu, 1994.
"Intermediate Goods and Business Cycles: Implications for Productivity and Welfare,"
NBER Working Papers
4817, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Basu, Susanto, 1995. "Intermediate Goods and Business Cycles: Implications for Productivity and Welfare," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 512-31, June.
- Basu, S., 1993. "Intermediate Goods and Business Cycles: Implications for Productivity and Welfare," Papers 93-23, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Benabou, R. & Konieczny, J.D., 1993.
"On Inflation and Output with Costly Price Changes: A Simple Unifying Result,"
93006, Wilfrid Laurier University, Department of Economics.
- Benabou, Roland & Konieczny, Jerzy D, 1994. "On Inflation and Output with Costly Price Changes: A Simple Unifying Result," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 290-97, March.
- Roland Benabou & Jerzy Konieczny, 1993. "On Inflation and Output with Costly Price Changes: A Simple Unifying Result," NBER Technical Working Papers 0135, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benabou, R. & Konieczny, J.D., 1991. "On Inflation and Output with CostlyPrice Changes: A Simple Unifying Result," Working papers 586, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Smith, R Todd, 1992. "The Cyclical Behavior of Prices," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 24(4), pages 413-30, November.
- J. Bradford DeLong & Lawrence H. Summers, 1988. "How Does Macroeconomic Policy Affect Output?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(2), pages 433-494.
- repec:fth:harver:1418 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alan S. Blinder, 1994. "On Sticky Prices: Academic Theories Meet the Real World," NBER Chapters, in: Monetary Policy, pages 117-154 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yang-Cheng Lu & Chang, Tsangyao & Chin-Ping Yu, 2011. "Long-Run Purchasing Power Parity with Asymmetric Adjustment: Evidence from Mainland China and Taiwan," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 59-70, September.
- Theo Panagiotidis & Mark J Holmes, 2005. "Sustainability and Asymmetric Adjustment: Some New Evidence Concerning Behaviour of the US Current Account," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2005 29, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Walter Enders & Kamol Chumrusphonlert, 2004. "Threshold cointegration and purchasing power parity in the pacific nations," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 889-896.
- Mirza, Faisal Mehmood & Bergland, Olvar, 2012. "Pass-through of wholesale price to the end user retail price in the Norwegian electricity market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 2003-2012.
- Tsangyao Chang & Chia-hao Lee & Guochen Pan, 2012. "Purchasing Power Parity in African Countries: Further Evidence based on the ADL Test for Threshold Cointegration," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(1), pages 220-228.
- Chang, Tsangyao & Tzeng, Han-Wen, 2011. "Long-run purchasing power parity with asymmetric adjustment: Further evidence from nine transition countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 1383-1391, May.
- Tsangyao Chang & Wen-Chi Liu, 2010. "Long-run purchasing power parity with asymmetric adjustment: evidence from nine major oil-exporting countries," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(3), pages 263-274.
- Holmes, Mark J. & Maghrebi, Nabil, 2006. "Are international real interest rate linkages characterized by asymmetric adjustments?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 384-396, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.