On the strategic potential of technological aid in international environmental relations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics Zeitschrift für Nationalökonomie.
Volume (Year): 64 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909
international environmental policy; technology transfer; C71; D74; Q20;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances
- Q20 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bergstrom, Theodore & Blume, Lawrence & Varian, Hal, 1986. "On the private provision of public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 25-49, February.
- Marjit, Sugata, 1990. "On a non-cooperative theory of technology transfer," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 293-298, July.
- Barrett, Scott, 1994. "Self-Enforcing International Environmental Agreements," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(0), pages 878-94, Supplemen.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1980.
"The Role of Investment in Entry-Deterrence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(357), pages 95-106, March.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1979. "The Role of Investment in Entry-Deterrence," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 140, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Konrad, Kai A, 1994. "The Strategic Advantage of Being Poor: Private and Public Provision of Public Goods," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 61(241), pages 79-92, February.
- Hoel, Michael, 1991. "Global environmental problems: The effects of unilateral actions taken by one country," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 55-70, January.
- Carraro, Carlo & Siniscalco, Domenico, 1991.
"Strategies for the International Protection of the Environment,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
568, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carraro, Carlo & Siniscalco, Domenico, 1993. "Strategies for the international protection of the environment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 309-328, October.
- Cornes,Richard & Sandler,Todd, 1996. "The Theory of Externalities, Public Goods, and Club Goods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521477185, April.
- Wolfgang Buchholz & Kai Konrad, 1994. "Global environmental problems and the strategic choice of technology," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 60(3), pages 299-321, October.
- Varian, Hal R., 1994. "Sequential contributions to public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 165-186, February.
- Welsch Heinz, 1993. "An Equilibrium Framework for Global Pollution Problems," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages S64-S79, July.
- Helfand Gloria E. & Rubin Jonathan, 1994. "Spreading versus Concentrating Damages: Environmental Policy in the Presence of Nonconvexities," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 84-91, July.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2007:i:5:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gunter Stephan & Georg Müller-Fürstenberger, 2012. "Global Warming, Technology Transfer and Trade in Carbon Energy: Challenge or Threat?," Diskussionsschriften dp1206, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Gunter Stephan & Georg Müller-Fürstenberger, 2014. "Global Warming, Technological Change and Trade in Carbon Energy: Challenge or Threat?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1397, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Carsten Helm & Stefan Pichler, 2011.
"Climate Policy with Technology Transfers and Permit Trading,"
V-341-11, University of Oldenburg, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2011.
- Carsten Helm & Stefan Pichler, 2014. "Climate Policy with Technology Transfers and Permit Trading," ZenTra Working Papers in Transnational Studies 31 / 2014, ZenTra - Center for Transnational Studies, revised Jan 2014.
- Mads Greaker & Cathrine Hagem, 2010. "Strategic investment in climate friendly technologies: the impact of permit trade," Discussion Papers 615, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Hattori, Keisuke, 2007. "Policy and Product Differentiations Encourage the International Transfer of Environmental Technologies," MPRA Paper 6334, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Sep 2007.
- Peters, Wolfgang & Heuson, Clemens & Schwarze, Reimund & Topp, Anna-Katharina, 2013. "Investment and adaptation as commitment devices in climate policy deteriorate mitigation," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79719, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Martin Altemeyer-Bartscher & Dirk T. G. Rübbelke & Eytan Sheshinski, 2007. "Policies to Internalize Reciprocal International Spillovers," CESifo Working Paper Series 2058, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:old:wpaper:341 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yasuhiro Takarada, 2004. "Transboundary Pollution and Welfare Effects of Technology Transfer," ERSA conference papers ersa04p203, European Regional Science Association.
- Tae-Yeoun Lee, 2001. "Effects of Technology Transfers on the Provision of Public Goods," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 18(2), pages 193-218, February.
- Tetsuo Ono, 1998. "Consumption externalities and the effects of international income transfers on the global environment," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 68(3), pages 255-269, October.
- Georg Müller-Fürstenberger & Gunter Stephan, 2012. "Global Warming, Technology Transfer and Trade in Carbon Energy: Challenge or Threat?," Research Papers in Economics 2012-05, University of Trier, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.