Consumption taxation, social status and indeterminacy in models of endogenous growth with elastic labor supply
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 100 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909
Social status; Consumption externality; Indeterminacy; Consumption taxation; Endogenous labor supply; D62; D90; E62; O40; P10;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- D90 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice and Growth - - - General
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- P10 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Benhabib, Jess & Farmer, Roger E.A., 1991.
"Indeterminacy and Increasing Returns,"
91-59, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Fisher, Walter H. & Hof, Franz X., 2005.
"The Quest for Status and Endogenous Labor Supply. The Relative Wealth Framework,"
181, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Walter Fisher & F. Hof, 2008. "The quest for status and endogenous labor supply: the relative wealth framework," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 93(2), pages 109-144, March.
- Walter H. Fisher & IHS-Vienna & Franz X. Hof, 2006. "The Quest for Status and Endogenous Labor Supply: The Relative Wealth Framework," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 60, Society for Computational Economics.
- Nancy L. Stokey & Sergio Rebelo, 1993.
"Growth Effects of Flat-Rate Taxes,"
NBER Working Papers
4426, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pelloni, Alessandra & Waldmann, Robert, 2000.
"Can waste improve welfare?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 45-79, July.
- Corneo, Giacomo & Jeanne, Olivier, 1997. "On relative wealth effects and the optimality of growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 87-92, January.
- Ngo Van Long & Koji Shimomura, 2002.
"Relative Wealth, Status Seeking, and Catching Up,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Jaime Alonso-Carrera & Jordi CaballÃ© & Xavier Raurich, 2005.
"Can consumption spillovers be a source of equilibrium indeterminacy?,"
2005 Meeting Papers
362, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Alonso-Carrera, Jaime & Caballé, Jordi & Raurich, Xavier, 2008. "Can consumption spillovers be a source of equilibrium indeterminacy?," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 2883-2902, September.
- Jaime Alonso-Carrera & Jordi caballe & Xavier Raurich, 2007. "Can Consumption Spillovers Be A Source Of Equilibrium Indeterminacy?," CAMA Working Papers 2007-13, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Jaime Alonso-Carrera & Jordi Caballé & Xavier Raurich, 2005. "Can consumption spillovers be a source of equilibrium indeterminacy?," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 657.05, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Jaime Alonso-Carrera & Jordi Caballe & Xavier Raurich, 2005. "Can consumption spillovers be a source of equilibrium indeterminacy?," Working Papers 154, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Andrew B. Abel & Olivier J. Blanchard, 1983.
"An Intertemporal Model of Saving and Investment,"
NBER Working Papers
0885, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael B. Devereux & David R. F. Love, 1994. "The Effects of Factor Taxation in a Two-Sector Model of Endogenous Growth," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 27(3), pages 509-36, August.
- Bennett, R.L. & Farmer, R.E.A., 1999.
"Indeterminacy with Non-Separable Utility,"
Economics Working Papers
eco99/34, European University Institute.
- Milesi-Ferretti, Gian Maria & Roubini, Nouriel, 1998.
"Growth Effects of Income and Consumption Taxes,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(4), pages 721-44, November.
- Futagami, Koichi & Shibata, Akihisa, 1998. "Keeping one step ahead of the Joneses: Status, the distribution of wealth, and long run growth," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 109-126, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.