Transmission and inequality of wealth: An empirical study of wealth mobility from 1800 to 1938 in France
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Journal of Economic Inequality.
Volume (Year): 4 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=111137
Galton; inequality; inheritance; wealth transmission;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jagadeesh Gokhale & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & James Sefton & Martin Weale, 1998.
"Simulating the transmission of wealth inequality via bequests,"
9811, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Gokhale, Jagadeesh & Kotlikoff, Laurence J. & Sefton, James & Weale, Martin, 2001. "Simulating the transmission of wealth inequality via bequests," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 93-128, January.
- Jagadeesh Gokhale & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & James Sefton & Martin Weale, 1999. "Simulating the Transmission of Wealth Inequity via Bequests," NBER Working Papers 7183, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kerwin Kofi Charles & Erik Hurst, 2003.
"The Correlation of Wealth across Generations,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(6), pages 1155-1182, December.
- Atkinson, A. B. & Bourguignon, F. & Morrisson, C., 1988. "Earnings mobility," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(2-3), pages 619-632, March.
- Elise s. Brezis, 2002. "Fertility, Non-Altruism and Economic Growth: Industrialization in the Nineteenth Century," Working Papers 2002-14, Department of Economics, Bar-Ilan University.
- Lars Kunze, 2012. "Like Father, Like Son: Inheriting and Bequeathing," Ruhr Economic Papers 0318, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Daniel Verger & André Masson & Luc Arrondel, 2008.
"Le patrimoine en France : état des lieux, historique et perspectives,"
Économie et Statistique,
Programme National Persée, vol. 417(1), pages 3-25.
- Arrondel, Luc & Masson, André & Verger, Daniel, 2009. "Le patrimoine en France : état des lieux, historique et perspectives," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5056, Paris Dauphine University.
- Coşgel, Metin M. & Ergene, Boğaç A., 2012.
"Inequality of Wealth in the Ottoman Empire: War, Weather, and Long-Term Trends in Eighteenth-Century Kastamonu,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 72(02), pages 308-331, June.
- Metin M. Cosgel & Bogac A. Ergene, 2011. "Inequality of Wealth in the Ottoman Empire: War, Weather, and Long-term Trends in Eighteenth Century Kastamonu," Working papers 2011-29, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Degan, Arianna & Thibault, Emmanuel, 2012. "Dynastic Accumulation of Wealth," IDEI Working Papers 733, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00566808 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luc Arrondel & André Masson & Daniel Verger, 2009. "Household Assets in France: Today, Yesterday, and Tomorrow," Economie et Statistique, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques, vol. 417, pages 3-25, June.
- Degan, Arianna & Thibault, Emmanuel, 2012. "Dynastic Accumulation of Wealth," TSE Working Papers 12-325, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Luc Arrondel, 2013. "Are “daddy’s boys” just as rich as daddy? The transmission of values between generations," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 439-471, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.