Purchasing power parity and cultural convergence: evidence from the global video games market
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Cultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 32 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100284
Purchasing power parity; Video games; Cultural convergence; Z10; F31;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fujiki, Hiroshi & Kitamura, Yukinobu, 2003.
"The Big Mac Standard: A Statistical Illustration,"
Discussion Paper Series
a446, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Wallace, Frederick H. & Shelley, Gary L., 2006.
"An alternative test of purchasing power parity,"
Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 177-183, August.
- Engel, C., 1996.
"Accounting for U.S. Real Exchange Rate Changes,"
96-02, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Engel, C., 1996. "Accounting for U.S. Real Exchange Rate Changes," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 96-02, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Charles Engel, 1995. "Accounting for U.S. Real Exchange Rate Changes," NBER Working Papers 5394, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burstein, Ariel Tomas & Eichenbaum, Martin & Rebelo, Sérgio, 2005.
"The Importance of Nontradeable Goods' Prices in Cyclical Real Exchange Rate Fluctuations,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5306, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Burstein, Ariel & Eichenbaum, Martin & Rebelo, Sergio, 2006. "The importance of nontradable goods' prices in cyclical real exchange rate fluctuations," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 247-253, August.
- Ariel Burstein & Martin Eichenbaum & Sergio Rebelo, 2005. "The Importance of Nontradable Goods' Prices in Cyclical Real Exchange Rate Fluctuations," RCER Working Papers 523, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Ariel Burstein & Martin Eichenbaum & Sergio Rebelo, 2005. "The Importance of Nontradable Goods' Prices in Cyclical Real Exchange Rate Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 11699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abuaf, Niso & Jorion, Philippe, 1990. " Purchasing Power Parity in the Long Run," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 157-74, March.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar, 2008. "The purchasing power parity revisited: New evidence for 16 OECD countries from panel unit root tests with structural breaks," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 137-146, April.
- Robert E. Cumby, 1996. "Forecasting Exchange Rates and Relative Prices with the Hamburger Standard: Is What You Want What You Get With McParity?," NBER Working Papers 5675, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Froot, Kenneth A. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 1995.
"Perspectives on PPP and long-run real exchange rates,"
Handbook of International Economics,
in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 32, pages 1647-1688
- Ken Froot & Kenneth Rogoff, . "Perspectives on PPP and Long-Run Real Exchange Rates," Working Paper 32027, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Kenneth A. Froot & Kenneth Rogoff, 1994. "Perspectives on PPP and Long-Run Real Exchange Rates," NBER Working Papers 4952, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1996. "The Purchasing Power Parity Puzzle," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(2), pages 647-668, June.
- Charles Engel & John H. Rogers, 1995.
"How wide is the border?,"
Research Working Paper
95-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Charles Engel & John H. Rogers, 1995. "How wide is the border?," International Finance Discussion Papers 498, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Charles Engel & John H. Rogers, 1994. "How Wide is the Border?," NBER Working Papers 4829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engel, C. & Rogers, J.H., 1995. "How Wide is the Border?," Papers 4-95-16, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Isard, Peter, 1977. "How Far Can We Push the "Law of One Price"?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(5), pages 942-48, December.
- Yang, Jiawen, 2004. "Nontradables and the valuation of RMB--An evaluation of the Big Mac index," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 353-359.
- Nobuyuki Harada, 2007. "Video game demand in Japan: a household data analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(13), pages 1705-1710.
- Diana Petkova, 2006. "Cultural Diversity in People’s Attitudes and Perceptions," Working Papers 2006.56, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Ong, Li Lian, 1997. "Burgernomics: the economics of the Big Mac standard," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 865-878, December.
- Michael R. Pakko & Patricia S. Pollard, 1996. "For here or to go? Purchasing power parity and the Big Mac," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 3-22.
- Karol Jan BOROWIECKI & Juan PRIETO-RODRIGUEZ, 2013.
"Video Games Playing: A substitute for cultural consumptions?,"
Trinity Economics Papers
tep0413, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Karol J. Borowiecki & Juan Prieto-Rodriguez, 2013. "Video Games Playing: A substitute for cultural consumptions?," ACEI Working Paper Series AWP-07-2013, the Association for Cultural Economics International, revised Nov 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.