Disclosure of Energy Operating Cost Information: A Silver Bullet for Overcoming the Energy-Efficiency Gap?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Consumer Policy.
Volume (Year): 35 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100283
Energy operating cost disclosure; Energy labels; Discount rate; Energy efficiency gap; Choice-based conjoint analysis;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ward, David O. & Clark, Christopher D. & Jensen, Kimberly L. & Yen, Steven T. & Russell, Clifford S., 2011. "Factors influencing willingness-to-pay for the ENERGY STARÂ® label," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1450-1458, March.
- Jaffe, Adam B. & Stavins, Robert N., 1994. "The energy-efficiency gap What does it mean?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 804-810, October.
- Jeff Brazell & Christopher Diener & Ekaterina Karniouchina & William Moore & Válerie Séverin & Pierre-Francois Uldry, 2006. "The no-choice option and dual response choice designs," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 255-268, December.
- Joel Huber & Kenneth Train, 2001.
"On the Similarity of Classical and Bayesian Estimates of Individual Mean Partworths,"
- Huber, Joel & Train, Kenneth, 2000. "On the Similarity of Classical and Bayesian Estimates of Individual Mean Partworths," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7zm4f51b, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Joel Huber and Kenneth Train., 2000. "On the Similarity of Classical and Bayesian Estimates of Individual Mean Partworths," Economics Working Papers E00-289, University of California at Berkeley.
- Gourville, John T, 1998. " Pennies-a-Day: The Effect of Temporal Reframing on Transaction Evaluation," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(4), pages 395-408, March.
- Hutton, R Bruce & Wilkie, William L, 1980. " Life Cycle Cost: A New Form of Consumer Information," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(4), pages 349-60, March.
- McNeill, Dennis L & Wilkie, William L, 1979. " Public Policy and Consumer Information: Impact of the New Energy Labels," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(1), pages 1-11, June.
- Yamamoto, Yoshihiro & Suzuki, Akihiko & Fuwa, Yasuhiro & Sato, Tomohiro, 2008. "Decision-making in electrical appliance use in the home," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1679-1686, May.
- Peter E. Rossi & Greg M. Allenby, 2003. "Bayesian Statistics and Marketing," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(3), pages 304-328, July.
- Nair, Santosh & Espey, Molly, 2004.
"Automobile Fuel Economy: What is it Worth?,"
2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO
20102, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Train, K. & Weeks, M., 2004. "Discrete Choice Models in Preference Space and Willingness-to Pay Space," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0443, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Maria Lissowska, 2011. "Overview of Behavioural Economics Elements in the OECD Consumer Policy Toolkit," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 393-398, September.
- Hans-W. Micklitz & Lucia Reisch & Kornelia Hagen, 2011. "An Introduction to the Special Issue on “Behavioural Economics, Consumer Policy, and Consumer Law”," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 271-276, September.
- Crosbie, Tracey, 2008. "Household energy consumption and consumer electronics: The case of television," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 2191-2199, June.
- Louviere, Jordan J. & Islam, Towhidul, 2008. "A comparison of importance weights and willingness-to-pay measures derived from choice-based conjoint, constant sum scales and best-worst scaling," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(9), pages 903-911, September.
- Junyi Shen & Tatsuyoshi Saijo, 2007. "Does energy efficiency label alter consumersf purchase decision? A latent class approach on Shanghai data," OSIPP Discussion Paper 07E005, Osaka School of International Public Policy, Osaka University.
- Shane Frederick & George Loewenstein & Ted O'Donoghue, 2002. "Time Discounting and Time Preference: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(2), pages 351-401, June.
- Loewenstein, George & Prelec, Drazen, 1992. "Anomalies in Intertemporal Choice: Evidence and an Interpretation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(2), pages 573-97, May.
- Kenneth Gillingham & Richard G. Newell & Karen Palmer, 2009.
"Energy Efficiency Economics and Policy,"
NBER Working Papers
15031, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garrett Sonnier & Andrew Ainslie & Thomas Otter, 2007. "Heterogeneity distributions of willingness-to-pay in choice models," Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 313-331, September.
- Anderson, C Dennis & Claxton, John D, 1982. " Barriers to Consumer Choice of Energy Efficient Products," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(2), pages 163-70, September.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1986. "Rational Choice and the Framing of Decisions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages S251-78, October.
- Willem Boom, 2011. "Price Intransparency, Consumer Decision Making and European Consumer Law," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 359-376, September.
- George F. Loewenstein, 1988. "Frames of Mind in Intertemporal Choice," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(2), pages 200-214, February.
- John Thøgersen & Ulf Schrader, 2012. "From Knowledge to Action—New Paths Towards Sustainable Consumption," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 1-5, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.