Are Men Always Picked Over Women? The Effects of Employment Equity Directives on Selection Decisions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Business Ethics.
Volume (Year): 76 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100281
employment equity; minority (candidate) qualifications; hiring decisions; social dominance theory; underrepresented men versus underrepresented women;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tim Sass & Jennifer Troyer, 1999. "Affirmative action, political representation, unions, and female police employment," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 571-587, December.
- Holzer, Harry & Neumark, David, 1999.
"Are Affirmative Action Hires Less Qualified? Evidence from Employer-Employee Data on New Hires,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(3), pages 534-69, July.
- Harry Holzer & David Neumark, 1996. "Are Affirmative Action Hires Less Qualified? Evidence from Employer-Employee Data on New Hires," NBER Working Papers 5603, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- H. Holzer & D. Neumark, . "Are affirmative action hires less qualified? Evidence from employer-employee data on new hires," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1113-96, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Harry J. Holzer & David Neumark, 2000.
"What does affirmative action do?,"
Industrial and Labor Relations Review,
ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 53(2), pages 240-271, January.
- H. J. Holzer & D. Neumark, . "What Does Affirmative Action Do?," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1169-98, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Harry J. Holzer & David Neumark, 1998. "What Does Affirmative Action Do?," NBER Working Papers 6605, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heather Antecol & Peter Kuhn, 1999. "Employment Equity Programs and the Job Search Outcomes of Unemployed Men and Women: Actual and Perceived Effects," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 25(s1), pages 27-45, November.
- G. Cimini & M. Medo & T. Zhou & D. Wei & Y.-C. Zhang, 2011. "Heterogeneity, quality, and reputation in an adaptive recommendation model," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 80(2), pages 201-208, March.
- Eddy Ng & Greg Sears, 2012. "CEO Leadership Styles and the Implementation of Organizational Diversity Practices: Moderating Effects of Social Values and Age," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 105(1), pages 41-52, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.