Foreign Investment and Ethics: How to Contribute to Social Responsibility by Doing Business in Less-Developed Countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Business Ethics.
Volume (Year): 106 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100281
Foreign direct investment; Corporate responsibility; Transition economies; Bottom of the pyramid; Lecturing business ethics; Sub-Saharan Africa;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oskar Kowalewski & Marzenna A. Weresa, 2008. "The Role of Foreign Direct Investment in the Economy," Books, Rainer Hampp Verlag, edition 1, number 9783866183070, June.
- John Luiz, 2010. "Infrastructure investment and its performance in Africa over the course of the twentieth century," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(7), pages 512-536, July.
- Theodore H. Moran & Edward M. Graham & Magnus Blomstrom, 2005. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Promote Development?," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 3810.
- Kolk, Ans & van Tulder, Rob, 2006. "Poverty alleviation as business strategy? Evaluating commitments of frontrunner Multinational Corporations," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 789-801, May.
- Yamin, Mo & Sinkovics, Rudolf R., 2009. "Infrastructure or foreign direct investment?: An examination of the implications of MNE strategy for economic development," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 144-157, April.
- Ted London & Stuart L Hart, 2004. "Reinventing strategies for emerging markets: beyond the transnational model," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 35(5), pages 350-370, September.
- Klaus E Meyer, 2004. "Perspectives on multinational enterprises in emerging economies," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 35(4), pages 259-276, July.
- McBride, Michael, 2005. "Crises, reforms, and regime persistence in sub-Saharan Africa," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 688-707, September.
- Dupasquier, Chantal & Osakwe, Patrick N., 2006. "Foreign direct investment in Africa: Performance, challenges, and responsibilities," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 241-260, April.
- Becker, Gary S, 1974.
"A Theory of Social Interactions,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1063-93, Nov.-Dec..
- Buckley, Peter J., 2009. "The impact of the global factory on economic development," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 131-143, April.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 2000. "Local Corruption and Global Capital Flows," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 31(2), pages 303-354.
- Ravi Ramamurti, 2004. "Developing countries and MNEs: extending and enriching the research agenda," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 35(4), pages 277-283, July.
- Philip Arestis & Machiko Nissanke & Howard Stein, 2005. "Finance and Development: Institutional and Policy Alternatives to Financial Liberalization Theory," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 31(2), pages 245-263, Spring.
- John Luiz, 2006. "The New Partnership for African Development: questions regarding Africa's response to its underdevelopment," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2), pages 223-236.
- Elizabeth Asiedu, 2004. "Policy Reform and Foreign Direct Investment in Africa: Absolute Progress but Relative Decline," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 22(1), pages 41-48, 01.
- Ghauri, Pervez N. & Yamin, Mo, 2009. "Revisiting the impact of multinational enterprises on economic development," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 105-107, April.
- Paniagua, Jordi & Sapena, Juan, 2014. "Is FDI doing good? A golden rule for FDI ethics," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(5), pages 807-812.
- Prabhir Poruthiyil, 2013. "Weaning Business Ethics from Strategic Economism: The Development Ethics Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(4), pages 735-749, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.