Board Composition and Financial Performance: Uncovering the Effects of Diversity in an Emerging Economy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Business Ethics.
Volume (Year): 105 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100281
Board diversity; Financial performance; Developing country; Corporate governance;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David A. Carter & Betty J. Simkins & W. Gary Simpson, 2003. "Corporate Governance, Board Diversity, and Firm Value," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 38(1), pages 33-53, 02.
- Niclas L. Erhardt & James D. Werbel & Charles B. Shrader, 2003. "Board of Director Diversity and Firm Financial Performance," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 102-111, 04.
- Farrell, Kathleen A. & Hersch, Philip L., 2005. "Additions to corporate boards: the effect of gender," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 85-106, March.
- Dennis C. Mueller, 2006. "The Anglo-Saxon Approach to Corporate Governance and its Applicability to Emerging Markets," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(4), pages 207-219, 07.
- Baysinger, Barry D & Butler, Henry N, 1985. "Corporate Governance and the Board of Directors: Performance Effects of Changes in Board Composition," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 101-24, Spring.
- Christine Mallin, 2001. "Corporate Governance and the Bottom Line," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 77-78, 04.
- Niamh Brennan & Michael McDermott, 2004. "Alternative Perspectives on Independence of Directors," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 325-336, 07.
- Ronald J. Burke, 1997. "Women Directors: Selection, Acceptance and Benefits of Board Membership," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 118-125, 07.
- Peter Burton, 2000. "Antecedents and Consequences of Corporate Governance Structures," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 194-203, 07.
- Carlos Alves & Victor Mendes, 2004. "Corporate Governance Policy and Company Performance: the Portuguese case," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 290-301, 07.
- Khaled Elsayed, 2007. "Does CEO Duality Really Affect Corporate Performance?," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(6), pages 1203-1214, November.
- Collins Ntim & Teerooven Soobaroyen, 2013. "Black Economic Empowerment Disclosures by South African Listed Corporations: The Influence of Ownership and Board Characteristics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(1), pages 121-138, August.
- Ntim, Collins G. & Lindop, Sarah & Thomas, Dennis A., 2013. "Corporate governance and risk reporting in South Africa: A study of corporate risk disclosures in the pre- and post-2007/2008 global financial crisis periods," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 363-383.
- Ming Jia & Zhe Zhang, 2013. "Critical Mass of Women on BODs, Multiple Identities, and Corporate Philanthropic Disaster Response: Evidence from Privately Owned Chinese Firms," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 118(2), pages 303-317, December.
- Jasmin Joecks & Kerstin Pull & Karin Vetter, 2013. "Gender Diversity in the Boardroom and Firm Performance: What Exactly Constitutes a “Critical Mass?”," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 118(1), pages 61-72, November.
- Wafa Hili & Habib Affes, 2013. "Diversite En Genre Dans Les Conseils D'Administration Et Persistance Des Benefices Comptables : Investigation Empirique Dans Le Contexte Franҫais," Post-Print hal-00991930, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.