Health Branding Ethics
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Business Ethics.
Volume (Year): 104 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100281
Health branding ethics; Health claims; Process claims; Health symbols; Inducement of false beliefs; Distortion of health knowledge; Exploitation of false inferences; Pathologizing; Stereotyping; Medicalization;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jennifer Edson Escalas & James R. Bettman, 2005. "Self-Construal, Reference Groups, and Brand Meaning," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(3), pages 378-389, December.
- Belk, Russell W, 1988. " Possessions and the Extended Self," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(2), pages 139-68, September.
- Ralf van der Lans & Joseph A. Cote & Catherine A. Cole & Siew Meng Leong & Ale Smidts & Pamela W. Henderson & Christian Bluemelhuber & Paul A. Bottomley & John R. Doyle & Alexander Fedorikhin & Janaki, 2009.
"Cross-National Logo Evaluation Analysis: An Individual-Level Approach,"
INFORMS, vol. 28(5), pages 968-985, 09-10.
- Lans, R.J.A. van der & Cote, J.A. & Cole, C.A. & Leong, S.M. & Smidts, A. & Henderson, P.W. & Bluemelhuber, C. & Bottomley, P.A. & Doyle, J.R. & Fedorikhin, A.S. & Janakiraman, M. & Ramaseshan, B. & S, 2008. "Cross-National Logo Evaluation Analysis: An Individual Level Approach," Research Paper ERS-2008-055-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Eric J. Arnould & Craig J. Thompson, 2005. "Consumer Culture Theory (CCT): Twenty Years of Research," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(4), pages 868-882, 03.
- Holt, Douglas B, 2002. " Why Do Brands Cause Trouble? A Dialectical Theory of Consumer Culture and Branding," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(1), pages 70-90, June.
- Thomas Anker & Klemens Kappel & Peter Sandøe, 2010. "The Liberating Power of Commercial Marketing," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 93(4), pages 519-530, June.
- Cherrier, Hélène, 2009. "Anti-consumption discourses and consumer-resistant identities," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 181-190, February.
- Fournier, Susan, 1998. " Consumers and Their Brands: Developing Relationship Theory in Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(4), pages 343-73, March.
- Solomon, Michael R, 1983. " The Role of Products as Social Stimuli: A Symbolic Interactionism Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 10(3), pages 319-29, December.
- Lee, Michael S.W. & Motion, Judith & Conroy, Denise, 2009. "Anti-consumption and brand avoidance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 169-180, February.
- Gronroos, Christian, 1990. "Relationship approach to marketing in service contexts: The marketing and organizational behavior interface," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 3-11, January.
- Hogg, Margaret K. & Banister, Emma N. & Stephenson, Christopher A., 2009. "Mapping symbolic (anti-) consumption," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 148-159, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.