Public transfers to the poor: is Europe really much more generous than the United States?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Tax and Public Finance.
Volume (Year): 17 (2010)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102915
Poverty; Public transfers; Redistribution; Welfare state; H51; H53; I38;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- H53 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Welfare Programs
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christopher Heady & Theodore Mitrakos & Panos Tsakloglou, 2001.
"The distributional impact of social transfers in the European Union: evidence from the ECHP,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 22(4), pages 547-565., December.
- Heady, Christopher & Mitrakos, Theodore & Tsakloglou, Panos, 2001. "The Distributional Impact of Social Transfers in the European Union: Evidence from the ECHP," IZA Discussion Papers 356, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Martin Feldstein, 2005.
"Rethinking Social Insurance,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Jantti, Markus & Danziger, Sheldon, 2000. "Income poverty in advanced countries," Handbook of Income Distribution, in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 6, pages 309-378 Elsevier.
- Oecd, 2006. "Projecting OECD Health and Long-Term Care Expenditures: What Are the Main Drivers?," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 477, OECD Publishing.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.