Yardstick competition and public sector innovation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Tax and Public Finance.
Volume (Year): 16 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102915
Public sector innovation; Yardstick competition; School districts; Public schools; D78; D82; H77;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy-Making and Implementation
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Maarten Allers & J. Elhorst, 2005. "Tax Mimicking and Yardstick Competition Among Local Governments in the Netherlands," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 493-513, August.
- Paul Belleflamme & Jean Hindriks, 2001.
"Yardstick Competition and Political Agency Problems,"
441, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Paul Belleflamme & Jean Hindriks, 2005. "Yardstick competition and political agency problems," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 155-169, 09.
- BELLEFLAMME, Paul & HINDRIKS, Jean, 2002. "Yardstick competition and political agency problems," CORE Discussion Papers 2002029, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Federico Revelli, 2005. "On Spatial Public Finance Empirics," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 475-492, August.
- Smith, Richard J & Blundell, Richard W, 1986. "An Exogeneity Test for a Simultaneous Equation Tobit Model with an Application to Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 679-85, May.
- Rincke, Johannes, 2006. "Competition in the public school sector: Evidence on strategic interaction among US school districts," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 352-369, May.
- Thiess Buettner, 2005.
"The Incentive Effect of Fiscal Equalization Transfers on Tax Policy,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1404, CESifo Group Munich.
- Buettner, Thiess, 2006. "The incentive effect of fiscal equalization transfers on tax policy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 477-497, February.
- Büttner, Thiess, 2005. "The Incentive Effect of Fiscal Equalization Transfers on Tax Policy," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 37, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1998. "Testing for Strategic Interaction Among Local Governments: The Case of Growth Controls," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 438-467, November.
- Christos Kotsogiannis & Robert Schwager, 2005.
"On the Incentives to Experiment in Federations,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1585, CESifo Group Munich.
- Timothy Besley & Michael Smart, 2005.
"Fiscal Restraints and Voter Welfare,"
STICERD - Political Economy and Public Policy Paper Series
06, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- David Hirshleifer & Siew Hong Teoh, 2003.
"Herd Behaviour and Cascading in Capital Markets: a Review and Synthesis,"
European Financial Management,
European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(1), pages 25-66.
- Hirshleifer, David & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2001. "Herd Behavior and Cascading in Capital Markets: A Review and Synthesis," MPRA Paper 5186, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.