The optimal commodity tax structure in a four-good model
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Tax and Public Finance.
Volume (Year): 14 (2007)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102915
Optimal commodity tax rate; Corlett–Hague rule; Wage elasticity; Cross-elasticity;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stefan Homburg, 2004.
"A New Approach to Optimal Commodity Taxation,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1231, CESifo Group Munich.
- Stefan Homburg, 2006. "A New Approach to Optimal Commodity Taxation," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, TÃ¼bingen, Mohr Siebeck, TÃ¼bingen, vol. 62(3), pages 323-338, September.
- Ahmad, Ehtisham & Stern, Nicholas, 1984. "The theory of reform and indian indirect taxes," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 259-298, December.
- Tatsuo Hatta, 2004.
"A Theory of Commodity Tax Reform under Revenue Constraint,"
CIRJE-F-269, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Tatsuo Hatta, 2004. "A Theory of Commodity Tax Reform under Revenue Constraint," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 55(1), pages 1-16.
- Deaton, Angus, 1981.
"Optimal Taxes and the Structure of Preferences,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society,
Econometric Society, vol. 49(5), pages 1245-60, September.
- Auerbach, Alan J., 1985.
"The theory of excess burden and optimal taxation,"
Handbook of Public Economics, Elsevier,
in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 61-127
- Mirrlees, J. A., 1976.
"Optimal tax theory : A synthesis,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 327-358, November.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1976. "Optimal taxation : An introduction to the literature," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 37-54.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1974. "A Note on the Structure of Optimal Taxation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(4), pages 701-06, September.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1975. "Welfare effects of tax and price changes," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 103-123, February.
- Hatta, Tatsuo, 1986. "Welfare effects of changing commodity tax rates toward uniformity," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 99-112, February.
- Michael Smart, 2002. "Reforming the Direct–Indirect Tax Mix," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 143-155, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.