Lessons of the crisis for emerging markets
AbstractThis paper attempts to draw out the implication of the financial crisis for emerging markets. The most important implications will center on financial markets, where there will be less reliance on portfolio capital flows to finance investment and some deglobalization of banking so that the domain of bank operations more closely coincides with the domain of regulation. By contrast, the implications for other dimensions of globalization and for the structure of the international monetary system will be more limited.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Economics and Economic Policy.
Volume (Year): 7 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=111059
Other versions of this item:
- F00 - International Economics - - General - - - General
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stephany Griffith-Jones & José Antonio Ocampo, 2009. "The Financial Crisis and Its Impact on Developing Countries," Working Papers 53, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Alejandro Jara & Ramon Moreno & Camilo E Tovar, 2009. "The global crisis and Latin America: financial impact and policy responses," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, June.
- Didier, Tatiana & Hevia, Constantino & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2012. "How resilient and countercyclical were emerging economies during the global financial crisis?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 2052-2077.
- Didier, Tatiana & Hevia, Constantino & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2011. "How resilient and countercyclical were emerging economies to the global financial crisis ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5637, The World Bank.
- Ceballos, Francisco & Didier, Tatiana & Hevia, Constantino & Schmukler, Sergio, 2013. "Policy Responses to the Global Financial Crisis: What Did Emerging Economies Do Differently?," Working Papers 2013-002, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Irina Alina Popescu, 2013. "Workforce Professional Skills Development in Times of Economic Crisis," Management, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 8(2), pages 139-155.
- Didier, Tatiana & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2013. "Financial development in Latin America and the Caribbean : stylized facts and the road ahead," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6582, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.