The location of American and Japanese multinationals in Europe
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Economics and Economic Policy.
Volume (Year): 3 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=111059
Firm location; Multinational firms; European integration; F23; F15; R32;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- R32 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Other Spatial Production and Pricing Analysis
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Olivier Bertrand & Jean-Louis Mucchielli & Habib Zitouna, 2004.
"Location Choices Of Multinational Firms: The Case Of Mergers And Acquisitions,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2004
124, Royal Economic Society.
- Bertrand, Olivier & Mucchielli , Jean-Louis, 2007. "Location Choices of Multinational Firms: The Case of Mergers and Acquisitions," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 22, pages 181-209.
- Zitouna, Habib & Mucchielli, Jean-Louis & Bertrand, Olivier, 2004. "Location Choices of Multinational Firms : The Case of Mergers and Acquisitions," HWWA Discussion Papers 274, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Devereux, Michael P. & Griffith, Rachel, 1998.
"Taxes and the location of production: evidence from a panel of US multinationals,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 335-367, June.
- Michael Devereux & Rachel Griffith, 1996. "Taxes and the location of production: evidence from a panel of US multinationals," IFS Working Papers W96/14, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Coughlin, Cletus C & Terza, Joseph V & Arromdee, Vachira, 1991. "State Characteristics and the Location of Foreign Direct Investment within the United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 675-83, November.
- Devereux, Michael P & Griffith, Rachel, 2002.
"Evaluating Tax Policy for Location Decisions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3247, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Damien NEVEN & George SIOTIS, 1995.
"Technology Sourcing and FDI in the EC : An Empirical Evaluation,"
Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du DÃ©partement d'EconomÃ©trie et d'Economie politique (DEEP)
9508, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Neven, D. & Siotis, G., 1996. "Technology sourcing and FDI in the EC: An empirical evaluation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 543-560, July.
- Michael P. Devereux & Rachel Griffith & Alexander Klemm, 2002. "Corporate income tax reforms and international tax competition," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 17(35), pages 449-495, October.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John & Swenson, Deborah, 1995.
"Agglomeration benefits and location choice: Evidence from Japanese manufacturing investments in the United States,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 223-247, May.
- Keith Head & John Ries & Deborah Swenson, 1994. "Agglomeration Benefits and Location Choice: Evidence from Japanese Manufacturing Investment in the United States," NBER Working Papers 4767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991.
"Increasing Returns and Economic Geography,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-99, June.
- Patricia Beeson & Stephen Husted, 1986. "Patterns and determinants of inefficiency in state manufacturing," Working Paper 8603, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Pugel, Thomas A & Kragas, Erik S & Kimura, Yui, 1996. "Further Evidence on Japanese Direct Investment in U.S. Manufacturing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(2), pages 208-13, May.
- Bartik, Timothy J, 1985. "Business Location Decisions in the United States: Estimates of the Effects of Unionization, Taxes, and Other Characteristics of States," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(1), pages 14-22, January.
- Head, Charles Keith & Mayer, Thierry, 2002.
"Market Potential and the Location of Japanese Investment in the European Union,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3455, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2004. "Market Potential and the Location of Japanese Investment in the European Union," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(4), pages 959-972, November.
- Head, C. Keith & Ries, John C. & Swenson, Deborah L., 1999. "Attracting foreign manufacturing: Investment promotion and agglomeration," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 197-218, March.
- Paulo Guimar�es & Octávio Figueirdo & Douglas Woodward, 2003.
"A Tractable Approach to the Firm Location Decision Problem,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 85(1), pages 201-204, February.
- Paulo Guimaraes & Octavio Figueiredo & Douglas Woodward, 2000. "A tractable approach to the firm location decision problem," NIMA Working Papers 2, Núcleo de Investigação em Microeconomia Aplicada (NIMA), Universidade do Minho.
- Kogut, Bruce & Chang, Sea Jin, 1991. "Technological Capabilities and Japanese Foreign Direct Investment in the United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 401-13, August.
- Thiran, Jean-Marc & Yamawaki, Hideki, 1995. "Regional and Country Determinants of Locational Decisions : Japanese Multinationals in European Manufacturing," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1995017, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Mataloni, Raymond, 2007. "Do U.S. Multinationals Engage In Sequential Choice?: Evidence from New Manufacturing Operations in Europe," MPRA Paper 20195, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.