Stock Price Effects of Mandatory Exchangeable Debt
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Advances in Economic Research.
Volume (Year): 18 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112112
Mandatory exchangeable debt; Asymmetric Information; Stock price effects; G30; G32;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- William Gentry & David M. Schizer, 2002. "Frictions and Tax-Motivated Hedging: An Empirical Exploration of Publicly-Traded Exchangeable Securities," NBER Working Papers 9243, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Scholes, Myron S, 1972. "The Market for Securities: Substitution versus Price Pressure and the Effects of Information on Share Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(2), pages 179-211, April.
- Brad M. Barber, 1993. "Exchangeable Debt," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 22(2), Summer.
- Mark L. Mitchell & Erik Stafford, 1997.
"Managerial Decisions and Long-Term Stock Price Performance,"
CRSP working papers
453, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Mitchell, Mark L & Stafford, Erik, 2000. "Managerial Decisions and Long-Term Stock Price Performance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(3), pages 287-329, July.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1986.
"Large Shareholders and Corporate Control,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 461-88, June.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Barclay, Michael J. & Holderness, Clifford G., 1989. "Private benefits from control of public corporations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 371-395, December.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-25, June.
- Jonathan Clarke & Craig Dunbar & Kathleen Kahle, 2004. "The Long-Run Performance of Secondary Equity Issues: A Test of the Windows of Opportunity Hypothesis," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(3), pages 575-604, July.
- Ghosh, Chinmoy & Varma, Raj & Woolridge, J. Randall, 1990. "An analysis of exchangeable debt offers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 251-263.
- Mikkelson, Wayne H. & Partch, M. Megan, 1985. "Stock price effects and costs of secondary distributions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 165-194, June.
- Mateti, Ravi S. & Hegde, Shantaram P. & Puri, Tribhuvan, 2013. "Pricing securities with multiple risks: A case of exchangeable debt," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 1018-1028.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.