Regulatory Optimal Bank Size
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Advances in Economic Research.
Volume (Year): 14 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112112
Banks; Systemic risk; Diversification; Optimal size; D21; E50; G20; L10; R10;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- R10 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Upper, Christian & Worms, Andreas, 2002.
"Estimating Bilateral Exposures in the German Interbank Market: Is there a Danger of Contagion?,"
Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies
2002,09, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Upper, Christian & Worms, Andreas, 2004. "Estimating bilateral exposures in the German interbank market: Is there a danger of contagion?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 827-849, August.
- Hans Degryse & Steven Ongena, 2004.
"The Impact of Technology and Regulation on the Geographical Scope of Banking,"
Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers
ces0408, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Hans Degryse, 2004. "The Impact of Technology and Regulation on the Geographical Scope of Banking," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(4), pages 571-590, Winter.
- Masahisa Fujita & Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "The Spatial Economy: Cities, Regions, and International Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262561476, January.
- Freixas, Xavier & Parigi, Bruno & Rochet, Jean Charles, 1999.
"Systemic Risk, Interbank Relations and Liquidity Provision by the Central Bank,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2325, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Freixas, Xavier & Parigi, Bruno M & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 2000. "Systemic Risk, Interbank Relations, and Liquidity Provision by the Central Bank," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(3), pages 611-38, August.
- Xavier Freixas & Bruno M. Parigi & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2000. "Systemic risk, interbank relations, and liquidity provision by the central bank," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 611-640.
- X. Freixas & B. Parigi & J-C. Rochet, 2000. "Systemic Risk, Interbank Relations and Liquidity Provision by theCentral Bank," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 47, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Xavier Freixas & Bruno Parigi & Jean Charles Rochet, 1998. "Systemic risk, interbank relations and liquidity provision by the Central Bank," Economics Working Papers 440, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Sep 1999.
- Hart, Oliver D & Jaffee, Dwight M, 1974. "On the Application of Portfolio Theory to Depository Financial Intermediaries," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 129-47, January.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 1996.
"Interbank Lending and Systemic Risk,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 733-62, November.
- Kim, Daesik & Santomero, Anthony M, 1988. " Risk in Banking and Capital Regulation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(5), pages 1219-33, December.
- Seth P. Maerowitz, 1981. "The market for federal funds," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Jul, pages 3-7.
- Pyle, David H, 1971. "On the Theory of Financial Intermediation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 26(3), pages 737-47, June.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Madura, Jeff & Marciniak, Marek, 2012. "Bank capital and exposure to the financial crisis," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 64(5), pages 377-392.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.