Automobile quality choice under pollution control regulation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists in its journal Environmental and Resource Economics.
Volume (Year): 38 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100263
Automobile industry; Quality differentiation; CAFE; Self-selection; Fuel tax; ZEV; R40;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R40 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Besanko, David & Donnenfeld, Shabtai & White, Lawrence J, 1987. "Monopoly and Quality Distortion: Effects and Remedies," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 102(4), pages 743-67, November.
- Kwoka, John E, Jr, 1992. "Market Segmentation by Price-Quality Schedules: Some Evidence from Automobiles," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(4), pages 615-28, October.
- Plourde, Charles & Bardis, Vassilios, 1999. "Fuel economy standards in a model of automobile quality," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 309-319, August.
- Srinagesh, Padmanabhan & Bradburd, Ralph M, 1989.
"Quality Distortion by a Discriminating Monopolist,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 96-105, March.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Alan J. Krupnick & Margaret A. Walls & Carol T Collins, 1993. "Global Warming and Urban Smog: Cost-Effectiveness of CAFE Standards and Alternative Fuels," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 75-98.
- Adrián Saldarriaga-Isaza, C. & Vergara, Carlos, 2009. "Who switches to hybrids? A study of a fuel conversion program in Colombia," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 572-579, June.
- Toshimitsu, Tsuyoshi, 2010. "On the paradoxical case of a consumer-based environmental subsidy policy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 159-164, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.