A reassessment of the Feldstein-Horioka hypothesis of perfect capital mobility: evidence from historical data
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirica.
Volume (Year): 34 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100261
International capital mobility; Panel cointegration; Domestic savings; C23; F30; F32;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Longitudinal Data; Spatial Time Series
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ralf Becker & Walter Enders & Junsoo Lee, 2006. "A Stationarity Test in the Presence of an Unknown Number of Smooth Breaks," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 381-409, 05.
- Rolf Larsson & Johan Lyhagen & Mickael Lothgren, 2001.
"Likelihood-based cointegration tests in heterogeneous panels,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 4(1), pages 41.
- Larsson, Rolf & Lyhagen, Johan & Löthgren, Mickael, 1998. "Likelihood-Based Cointegration Tests in Heterogeneous Panels," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 250, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 27 Aug 1998.
- Ho, Tsung-wu, 2002. "The Feldstein-Horioka puzzle revisited," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 555-564, August.
- Maddala, G S & Wu, Shaowen, 1999. " A Comparative Study of Unit Root Tests with Panel Data and a New Simple Test," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(0), pages 631-52, Special I.
- Martin Feldstein & Charles Horioka, 1979.
"Domestic Savings and International Capital Flows,"
NBER Working Papers
0310, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mohammad, Masud Alam & Mohammad, Rafiqul Islam, 2010. "Revisiting the Feldstein-Horioka Hypothesis of savings, investment and capital mobility: evidence from 27 EU countries," MPRA Paper 39383, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Tamazian, Artur & Kumar, Saten, 2009.
"Systems GMM estimates of the Feldstein-Horioka puzzle for the OECD countries and tests for structural breaks,"
15312, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Tamazian, Artur & Kumar, Saten, 2010. "Systems GMM estimates of the Feldstein-Horioka puzzle for the OECD countries and tests for structural breaks," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1269-1273, September.
- Becker, Daniel Thomas, 2008. "Public-sector efficiency and interjurisdictional competition: An empirical investigation," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 101, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Kumar, Saten & Rao, B. Bhaskara, 2009.
"A Time Series Approach to the Feldstein-Horioka Puzzle with Panel Data from the OECD Countries,"
18464, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Saten Kumar & B. Bhaskara Rao, 2011. "A Time‐series Approach to the Feldstein–Horioka Puzzle with Panel Data from the OECD Countries," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(3), pages 473-485, 03.
- Piotr Misztal, 2011. "The Feldstein-Horioka Hypothesis in Countries with Varied Levels of Economic Development," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 5(2), June.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Seema, 2010. "Testing for capital mobility: New evidence from a panel of G7 countries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 15-23, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.