Local Organic Food Markets: Potentials and Limitations for Contributing to Sustainable Development
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirica.
Volume (Year): 29 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100261
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Young, David, 1996. "Changing Tastes and Endogenous Preferences: Some Issues in Modelling the Demand for Agricultural Products," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 23(3), pages 281-300.
- Jeroen C.J.M. van den Bergh & John M. Gowdy, 1998.
"Evolutionary Theories in Environmental and Resource Economics: Approaches and Applications,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
98-122/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Jeroen van den Bergh & John Gowdy, 2000. "Evolutionary Theories in Environmental and Resource Economics: Approaches and Applications," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 17(1), pages 37-57, September.
- Cameron, John I., 1997. "Applying socio-ecological economics: A case study of contingent valuation and integrated catchment management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 155-165, November.
- Samuel Bowles, 1998. "Endogenous Preferences: The Cultural Consequences of Markets and Other Economic Institutions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(1), pages 75-111, March.
- Geoffrey M. Hodgson, 1998. "The Approach of Institutional Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(1), pages 166-192, March.
- Nicholson, Charles F. & Gomez, Miguel I. & Gao, Oliver H., 2010. "The Costs of Increased Localization for a Multiple-Product Food Supply Chain: Dairy in the United States," Working Papers 126967, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Bougherara, Douadia & Grolleau, Gilles & Mzoughi, Naoufel, 2009.
"Buy local, pollute less: What drives households to join a community supported farm?,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 1488-1495, March.
- Douadia Bougherara & Gilles Grolleau & Naoufel Mzoughi, 2009. "Buy local, pollute less: What drives households to join a community supported farm?," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 09-03, INRA UMR SMART.
- Douadia Bougherara & Gilles Grolleau & Naoufel Mzoughi, 2009. "Buy Local, Pollute Less: What Drives Households to Join A Community Supported Farm ?," Working Papers 26135, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- Govindasamy, Ramu & Puduri, Venkata & Kelley, Kathleen M. & Simon, James E., 2012. "Increased Purchases of Locally Grown Ethnic Greens and Herbs due to Concerns about Food Miles," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 43(3), November.
- Nicholson, Charles F. & Gómez, Miguel I. & Gao, Oliver H., 2011. "The costs of increased localization for a multiple-product food supply chain: Dairy in the United States," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 300-310, April.
- Costa, Leonardo & Sottomayor, Miguel & Ribeiro, Ricardo, 2005.
"Conversion to Organic Farming in Mainland Portugal,"
2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark
24490, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Leonardo Costa & Miguel Sottomayor & Ricardo Ribeiro, 2008. "CONVERSION to ORGANIC FARMING in MAINLAND PORTUGAL," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 102008, Faculdade de Economia e Gestão, Universidade Católica Portuguesa (Porto).
- Steven C. Blank & Gary D. Thompson, 2004. "Can/Should/Will A Niche Become the Norm? Organic Agriculture's Short Past and Long Future," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(4), pages 483-503, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.