An Estimable Model of Supermarket Behavior: Prices, Distribution Services and Some Effects of Competition
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirica.
Volume (Year): 26 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100261
Supermarkets; prices; distribution services; demand; economies of scale;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul R. Messinger & Chakravarthi Narasimhan, 1997. "A Model of Retail Formats Based on Consumers' Economizing on Shopping Time," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(1), pages 1-23.
- Asim Ansari & Nicholas Economides & Avijit Ghosh, 1994. "Competitive Positioning in Markets with Nonuniform Preferences," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(3), pages 248-273.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Fisher, Lawrence, 1982. "The Derived Demand for Advertising: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 366-88, June.
- Walter Y. Oi, 1992. "Productivity in the Distributive Trades: The Shopper and the Economies of Massed Reserves," NBER Chapters, in: Output Measurement in the Service Sectors, pages 161-193 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Betancourt, Roger R. & Gautschi, David, 1993. "Two essential characteristics of retail markets and their economic consequences," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 277-294, August.
- Ofer, Gur, 1973. "Returns to Scale in Retail Trade," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 19(4), pages 363-84, December.
- Moulton, Brent R, 1990. "An Illustration of a Pitfall in Estimating the Effects of Aggregate Variables on Micro Unit," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 334-38, May.
- Betancourt, Roger R. & Gautschi, David, 1992. "The demand for retail products and the household production model : New views on complementarity and substitutability," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 257-275, March.
- Bliss, Christopher, 1988. "A Theory of Retail Pricing," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 375-91, June.
- Cotterill, Ronald W., 1991. "A Response to the Federal Trade Commission/Anderson Critique of Structure-Performance Studies in Grocery Retailing," Research Reports 25154, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Vaona, Andrea & Snower, Dennis, 2008.
"Increasing returns to scale and the long-run Phillips curve,"
Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 83-86, July.
- Andrea Vaona & Dennis Snower, 2006. "Increasing Returns to Scale and the Long-Run Phillips Curve," Kiel Working Papers 1277, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- James H. Anderson & Roger R. Betancourt, 1999.
"The Distribution Sector and the Development Process: Are There Patterns? Yes,"
Electronic Working Papers
99-007, University of Maryland, Department of Economics.
- James H. Anderson, 2002. "The Distribution Sector and the Development Process: are there Patterns? Yes," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(2), pages 166-176, April.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Matthew D. Shapiro, 2003.
"High-Frequency Substitution and the Measurement of Price Indexes,"
in: Scanner Data and Price Indexes, pages 123-150
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Matthew D. Shapiro, 2001. "High-Frequency Substitution and the Measurement of Price Indexes," NBER Working Papers 8176, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Park, Timothy A., 2007.
"Evaluating Labor Productivity in Food Retailing,"
2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN
9939, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lucia Foster & John Haltiwanger & C.J. Krizan, 2002.
"The Link Between Aggregate and Micro Productivity Growth: Evidence from Retail Trade,"
NBER Working Papers
9120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- C.J. Krizan & John Haltiwanger & Lucia Foster, 2002. "The Link Between Aggregate and Micro Productivity Growth: Evidence from Retail Trade," Working Papers 02-18, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- King, Robert P. & Park, Timothy A., 2004. "Modeling Productivity In Supermarket Operations: Incorporating The Impacts Of Store Characteristics And Information Technologies," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 35(02), July.
- King, Robert P. & Park, Timothy A., 2002. "Modeling Scale Economies In Supermarket Operations: Incorporating The Impacts Of Store Characteristics And Information Technologies," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19881, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Justo de Jorge Moreno, 2010. "Productivity growth of European retailers: a benchmarking approach," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(3), pages 288-313, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.