Lender Liability for Environmental Harm: An Argument Against Negligence Based Rules
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal European Journal of Law and Economics.
Volume (Year): 8 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100264
lender liability; limited liability effect; monitoring; vague negligence rule;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Boyd, James & Ingberman, Daniel E, 1997. "The Search for Deep Pockets: Is "Extended Liability" Expensive Liability?," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 232-58, April.
- Schwartz, Alan., 1984. "Products Liability, Corporate Structure and Bankruptcy: Toxic Substances and the Remote Risk Relationship," Working Papers 542, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Dominique Demougin & Claude Fluet, 1998.
"Mechanism Sufficient Statistic in the Risk-Neutral Agency Problem,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 154(4), pages 622-, December.
- Dominique Demougin & Claude Fluet, 1996. "Mechanism Sufficient Statistic in the Risk-Neutral Agency Problem," Cahiers de recherche du DÃ©partement des sciences Ã©conomiques, UQAM 9602, Université du Québec à Montréal, Département des sciences économiques.
- Shavell, Steven, 1997. "The optimal level of corporate liability given the limited ability of corporations to penalize their employees," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 203-213, June.
- Newman, Harry A. & Wright, David W., 1990. "Strict liability in a principal-agent model," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 219-231, December.
- Posey, Lisa Lipowski, 1993. "Limited liability and incentives when firms can inflict damages greater than net worth," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 325-330, September.
- Balkenborg, D., 1997. "Bargaining power and the impact of lender liability for environmental damages," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9709, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Heyes, Anthony G, 1996. "Lender Penalty for Environmental Damage and the Equilibrium Cost of Capital," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 63(250), pages 311-23, May.
- Dominique Demougin & Claude Fluet, 1997. "Monitoring versus Incentives: Substitutes or Complements?," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 47, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Hutchinson, Emma & van 't Veld, Klaas, 2005. "Extended liability for environmental accidents: what you see is what you get," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 157-173, January.
- Feess, Eberhard & Hege, Ulrich, 2003.
"Safety monitoring, capital structure, and "financial responsibility","
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 323-339, September.
- Feess, E. & Hege, U., 2000. "Safety Monitoring, Capital Structure, and "Financial Responsibility"," Discussion Paper 2000-33, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Henry van Egteren & R. Smith & Dean McAfee, 2004. "Harmonization of Environmental Regulations When Firms are Judgment Proof," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 139-164, March.
- Helm, Carsten, 2008.
"How liable should an exporter be?: The case of trade in hazardous goods,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 263-271, December.
- Helm, Carsten, 2005. "How Liable should an Exporter be? The Case of Trade in Hazardous Goods," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 36799, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- repec:dar:vpaper:32821 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan José Ganuza & Fernando Gómez, 2003. "Optimal negligence rule under limited liability," Economics Working Papers 759, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised May 2004.
- Steven Shavell, 2005. "Liability for Accidents," NBER Working Papers 11781, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garmon, Christopher, 2005. "A Note on Negligence and Collusion-Proof Liability," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 256-263, June.
- repec:dar:vpaper:36799 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.