European Corporate Laws, Regulatory Competition and Path Dependence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal European Journal of Law and Economics.
Volume (Year): 13 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100264
European corporate law; regulatory competition; path dependence; choice of law;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Van den Bergh, Roger, 2000. "Towards an Institutional Legal Framework for Regulatory Competition in Europe," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(4), pages 435-66.
- Jeanne-Mey Sun & Jacques Pelkmans, 1995. "Regulatory Competition in the Single Market," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(1), pages 67-89, 03.
- Oates, Wallace E. & Schwab, Robert M., 1988. "Economic competition among jurisdictions: efficiency enhancing or distortion inducing?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 333-354, April.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416.
- Kobayashi, Bruce H & Ribstein, Larry E, 1996. "Evolution and Spontaneous Uniformity: Evidence from the Evolution of the Limited Liability Company," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(3), pages 464-83, July.
- Marie Bohatá & Martina Pechová, 1999. "Corporate governance," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 1999(5).
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996.
"Law and Finance,"
NBER Working Papers
5661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1768, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1998. "Law and Finance," Scholarly Articles 3451310, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Zwiebel, Jeffrey, 1995. "Corporate Conservatism and Relative Compensation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Jeroen Weimer & Joost Pape, 1999. "A Taxonomy of Systems of Corporate Governance," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 152-166, 04.
- Romano, Roberta, 1985. "Law as a Product: Some Pieces of the Incorporation Puzzle," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 225-83, Fall.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1997. "The selection principle and market failure in systems competition," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 247-274, November.
- Shughart, William F, II & Tollison, Robert D, 1985. "Corporate Chartering: An Exploration in the Economics of Legal Change," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(4), pages 585-99, October.
- Richard N. Langlois, 1999. "Modularity in Technology, Organization, and Society," Working papers 1999-05, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Schilling, Melissa, 1999. "Winning the standards race: : Building installed base and the availability of complementary goods," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 265-274, June.
- Carney, William J, 1997. "The Political Economy of Competition for Corporate Charters," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(1), pages 303-29, January.
- Nuno Garoupa & Anthony Ogus, 2006.
"A Strategic Interpretation of Legal Transplants,"
The Journal of Legal Studies,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(2), pages 339-363, 06.
- Heine, Klaus, 2006. "Interjurisdictional competition and the allocation of constitutional rights: A research note," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 33-41, March.
- Kerber, Wolfgang & Eckardt, Martina, 2005. "Policy learning in Europe: The 'open method of coordination' and laboratory federalism," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 48, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Hans-Günter Krüsselberg, 2005. "Milton Friedman und der Wissenschaftliche Beirat für Familienfragen Elternkompetenz und Anteilscheine am Schulbudget – Gedanken über Reformpotenziale," Marburg Working Papers on Economics 200506, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Hyytinen, Ari & Kuosa, Ilkka & Takalo, Tuomas, 2001. "Law or Finance: Evidence from Finland (Revised version 25.09.2002))," Discussion Papers 775, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Wolfgang Kerber & Roger Van den Bergh, 2008. "Mutual Recognition Revisited: Misunderstandings, Inconsistencies, and a Suggested Reinterpretation," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 447-465, 08.
- Marciano, Alain & Khalil, Elias L., 2012.
"Optimization, path dependence and the law: Can judges promote efficiency?,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 72-82.
- Marciano, Alain & Khalil, Elias L., 2012. "Optimization, Path Dependence and the Law: Can Judges Promote Efficiency?," IEL Working Papers 9, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Libman, Alexander, 2005. "Взаимодействие Государственных И Частных Структур В Интеграционных Группировах: Теоретические Подходы И Оп," MPRA Paper 17044, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hammermeister, Jan H. & Zimmermann, Jochen, 2010. "Financial reporting demands in a globalised world: The harmonisation of accounting rules," TranState Working Papers 125, University of Bremen, Collaborative Research Center 597: Transformations of the State.
- Wolfgang Kerber & Stefan Grundmann, 2006.
"An optional European contract law code: Advantages and disadvantages,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 215-236, May.
- Wolfgang Kerber, 2006. "An Optional European Contract Law Code: Advantages and Disadvantages," Marburg Working Papers on Economics 200607, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Wolfgang Kerber, 2003. "Wettbewerbsföderalismus als Integrationskonzept für die Europäische Union," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 4(1), pages 43-64, 02.
- Lars P. Feld & Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2003.
"Die Rolle des Staates in privaten Governance Strukturen,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 139(III), pages 253-285, September.
- Lars P. Feld & Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2003. "Die Rolle des Staates in privaten Governance Strukturen," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2003 2003-11, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Hyytinen, Ari & Kuosa, Iikka & Takalo, Tuomas, 2002.
"Law of finance: Evidence from Finland,"
Research Discussion Papers
8/2002, Bank of Finland.
- Klaus Heine, 2003. "Kompetitiver Föderalismus auch für das öffentliche Gut "Recht"?," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 72(3), pages 472-484.
- Wolfgang Kerber & Oliver Budzinski, . "Towards a Differentiated Analysis of Competition of Competition Laws," German Working Papers in Law and Economics 2004-1-1090, Berkeley Electronic Press.
- Klaus Heine, 2003. "Regulatory competition between company laws in the European Union: The Überseering case," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 102-108, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.