The Deterrent Effect of UK Competition Enforcement
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal De Economist.
Volume (Year): 156 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100260
competition enforcement; consumer savings; deterrent effect; merger control; K21; L4;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- K21 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Antitrust Law
- L4 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Saïd Souam, 1997.
"Optimal Antitrust Policy Under Different Regimes of Fines,"
97-37, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Souam, Said, 2001. "Optimal antitrust policy under different regimes of fines," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 1-26, January.
- Melinda Acutt & Caroline Elliott, 2001. "Threat-Based Competition Policy," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 309-317, May.
- Gary S. Becker, 1974.
"Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach,"
in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert M. Feinberg, 1985. "The Enforcement and Effects of European Competition Policy: Results of a Survey of Legal Opinion," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(4), pages 373-384, 06.
- Motta,Massimo, 2004. "Competition Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521016919, December.
- Frezal, Sylvestre, 2006. "On optimal cartel deterrence policies," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 1231-1240, November.
- Dennis W. Carlton, 2007.
"Does Antitrust Need to be Modernized?,"
EAG Discussions Papers
200703, Department of Justice, Antitrust Division.
- Clarke, Julian L. & Evenett, Simon J., 2002. "The Deterrent Effects of National Anti-Cartel Laws: Evidence from the International Vitamins Cartel," Working paper 131, Regulation2point0.
- Kenneth Heyer, 2006. "Welfare Standards and Merger Analysis: Why not the Best?," EAG Discussions Papers 200608, Department of Justice, Antitrust Division.
- Farrell, Joseph & Katz, Michael L, 2006.
"The Economics of Welfare Standards in Antitrust,"
Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series
qt1tw2d426, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Gunnar Niels & Reinder Dijk, 2008. "Competition Policy: What are the Costs and Benefits of Measuring its Costs and Benefits?," De Economist, Springer, vol. 156(4), pages 349-364, December.
- Barbara Baarsma & Ron Kemp & Rob Noll & Jo Seldeslachts, 2012. "Let’s Not Stick Together: Anticipation of Cartel and Merger Control in The Netherlands," De Economist, Springer, vol. 160(4), pages 357-376, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.