The Effects of Performance Measurement and Compensation on Motivation: An Empirical Study
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal De Economist.
Volume (Year): 153 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 (09)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100260
compensation; extrinsic motivation; intrinsic motivation; promotions; performance measurement; J41; J33;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J41 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Labor Contracts
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marco Van Herpen & Kees Cools & Mirjam Van Praag, 2006.
"Wage Structure and the Incentive Effects of Promotions,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 441-459, 08.
- Marco van Herpen & Kees Cools & Mirjam van Praag, 2004. "Wage Structure and the Incentive Effect of Promotions," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-107/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Dohmen, Thomas J, 2003. "A theory of Careers in Hierarchical Internal Labor Markets," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 64, Royal Economic Society.
- Carolyn Stringer & Jeni Didham & Paul Theivananthampillai, 2011. "Motivation, pay satisfaction, and job satisfaction of front-line employees," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(2), pages 161-179, June.
- Martin, Ludivine, 2007. "The impact of technological changes on incentives and motivations to work hard," IRISS Working Paper Series 2007-15, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Rose, Timothy & Manley, Karen, 2011. "Motivation toward financial incentive goals on construction projects," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(7), pages 765-773, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.