Corporate social responsibility of Dutch companies: Benchmarking, transparency and robustness
AbstractThis paper develops a method for benchmarking Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) of Dutch companies. The benchmark includes economic, social and environmental aspects as well as national and international aspects of CSR. The overall benchmark is based on a weighted average of these aspects. The weights are based on the opinions of companies and NGO's. Using different methods of weighting, we find that the ranking for 58 large Dutch companies is very robust.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal De Economist.
Volume (Year): 152 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (09)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100260
Other versions of this item:
- Graafland, J.J. & Eijffinger, S.C.W., 2004. "Corporate social responsibility of Dutch companies: Benchmarking, transparency and robustness," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-138824, Tilburg University.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lizet Quaak & Theo Aalbers & John Goedee, 2007. "Transparency of Corporate Social Responsibility in Dutch Breweries," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 76(3), pages 293-308, December.
- Johan Graafland & Corrie Mazereeuw-Van der Duijn Schouten, 2012. "Motives for Corporate Social Responsibility," De Economist, Springer, vol. 160(4), pages 377-396, December.
- Johan Graafland & Corrie Mazereeuw-Van Der Duijn Schouten, 2007. "The Heavenly Calculus and Socially Responsible Business Conduct: An Explorative Study among Executives," De Economist, Springer, vol. 155(2), pages 161-181, June.
- Graafland, J.J. & Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Smid, H., 2004.
"Benchmarking of corporate social responsibility: Methodological problems and robustness,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-139286, Tilburg University.
- Graafland, J.J. & Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Smid, H., 2004. "Benchmarking of corporate social responsibility: Methodological problems and robustness," MPRA Paper 20771, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Graafland, J.J. & Smid, H., 2004.
"Reputation, corporate social responsibility and market regulation,"
20772, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- J.J. Graafland & H. Smid, 2004. "Reputation, Corporate Social Responsibility and Market Regulation," Review of Business and Economics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfswetenschappen, vol. 0(2), pages 271-308.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.