Referendum and the choice between monarchy and republic in Greece
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Constitutional Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 21 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102866
Greece; Monarchy versus republic; Non-required referendum; Parliamentary elections; Campaign effort; Constitutional revision; D7; N4;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- N4 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Besley, Timothy J. & Coate, Stephen, 2001.
"Issue Unbundling via Citizens' initiatives,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2857, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen, 2008. "Issue Unbundling via Citizens' Initiatives," International Quarterly Journal of Political Science, now publishers, vol. 3(4), pages 379-397, December.
- John G. Matsusaka, 2005. "Direct Democracy Works," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(2), pages 185-206, Spring.
- Dennis Mueller, 2005. "Constitutional political economy in the European Union," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 124(1), pages 57-73, July.
- Nurmi, Hannu, 1997. "Compound majority paradoxes and proportional representation," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 443-454, September.
- Anke Kessler, 2000.
"Representative versus Direct Democracy: The Role of Informational Asymmetries,"
Bonn Econ Discussion Papers
bgse18_2000, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Anke Kessler, 2005. "Representative versus direct democracy: The role of informational asymmetries," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 122(1), pages 9-38, January.
- Kessler, Anke, 2003. "Representative versus Direct Democracy: The Role of Informational Asymmetries," CEPR Discussion Papers 3911, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Congleton, Roger D., 2007. "From royal to parliamentary rule without revolution: The economics of constitutional exchange within divided governments," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 261-284, June.
- Frey, Bruno S & Kucher, Marcel & Stutzer, Alois, 2001. " Outcome, Process and Power in Direct Democracy: New Econometric Results," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 107(3-4), pages 271-93, June.
- Tridimas, George, 2007. "Ratification through referendum or parliamentary vote: When to call a non-required referendum?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 674-692, September.
- Rubin, Paul H & Curran, Christopher & Curran, John F, 2001. " Litigation versus Legislation: Forum Shopping by Rent Seekers," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 107(3-4), pages 295-310, June.
- John Matsusaka, 2005. "The eclipse of legislatures: Direct democracy in the 21st century," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 124(1), pages 157-177, July.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2003. "Public Choice III," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521894753, December.
- Matsusaka, John G & McCarty, Nolan M, 2001. "Political Resource Allocation: Benefits and Costs of Voter Initiatives," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 413-48, October.
- Niklas Potrafke, 2013.
"Evidence on the Political Principal-Agent Problem from Voting on Public Finance for Concert Halls,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
4306, CESifo Group Munich.
- Niklas Potrafke, 2013. "Evidence on the political principal-agent problem from voting on public finance for concert halls," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 215-238, September.
- Niklas Potrafke, 2013. "Evidence on the political principal-agent problem fromvoting on public finance for concert halls," Ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Paper No. 164, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Tridimas, George, 2012. "How democracy was achieved," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 651-658.
- George Tridimas, 2011. "A political economy perspective of direct democracy in ancient Athens," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 58-82, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.