Economic Freedom and the Quality of Life: An Empirical Analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Constitutional Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 10 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102866
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kormendi, Roger C. & Meguire, Philip G., 1985. "Macroeconomic determinants of growth: Cross-country evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 141-163, September.
- Wittman, Donald, 1989. "Why Democracies Produce Efficient Results," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1395-1424, December.
- Carter, Ian, 1995. "Interpersonal Comparisons of Freedom," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 1-23, April.
- De Vanssay, Xavier & Spindler, Z A, 1994. " Freedom and Growth: Do Constitutions Matter?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 78(3-4), pages 359-72, March.
- Scully, Gerald W, 1988. "The Institutional Framework and Economic Development," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(3), pages 652-62, June.
- Adam Przeworski & Fernando Limongi, 1993. "Political Regimes and Economic Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 51-69, Summer.
- Scully, Gerald W & Slottje, Daniel J, 1991. " Ranking Economic Liberty across Countries," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 69(2), pages 121-52, February.
- Spindler, Zane A, 1991. " Liberty and Development: A Further Empirical Perspective," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 69(2), pages 197-210, February.
- Miriam Henseler & Joachim Plesch, 2009. "How Can Scholarship Institutions Foster the Return of Foreign Students?," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 229(4), pages 382-409, August.
- Judit Kapás & Pál Czeglédi, 2007. "Economic Freedom: Theory First, Empiricism After," ICER Working Papers 10-2007, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Doucouliagos, Chris & Ulubasoglu, Mehmet Ali, 2006. "Economic freedom and economic growth: Does specification make a difference?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 60-81, March.
- Humphreys, Brad & Maresova, Katerina & Ruseski, Jane, 2012. "Institutional Factors, Sport Policy, and Individual Sport Participation: An International Comparison," Working Papers 2012-1, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Elizabeth Monk-Turner & Charlie Turner, 2012. "Subjective Wellbeing in a Southwestern Province in China," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 357-369, April.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Smyth, Russell, 2006. "Democracy and Economic Growth in China: Evidence from Cointegration and Causality Testing," Review of Applied Economics, Review of Applied Economics, vol. 2(1).
- Paresh Narayan & Seema Narayan & Russell Smyth, 2007.
"Does Democracy Facilitate Economic Growth Or Does Economic Growth Facilitate Democracy? An Empirical Study Of Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Monash Economics Working Papers
10-07, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Seema & Smyth, Russell, 2011. "Does democracy facilitate economic growth or does economic growth facilitate democracy? An empirical study of Sub-Saharan Africa," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 900-910, May.
- Nathan Ashby & Russell Sobel, 2008.
"Income inequality and economic freedom in the U.S. states,"
Springer, vol. 134(3), pages 329-346, March.
- Nathan J. Ashby & Russell S. Sobel, 2006. "Income Inequality and Economic Freedom in the U.S. States," Working Papers 06-08 Classification-, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Martin Leschke, 2000. "Constitutional Choice and Prosperity: A Factor Analysis," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 265-279, September.
- Gehring, Kai, 2012. "Benefit or burden? Unraveling the effect of economic freedom on subjective well-being," Working Papers 0531, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Rami Abdelkafi & Hatem Derbel & Ali Chkir, 2009. "Libéralisme Économique et Croissance: Le Cas de Six Pays Méditerranéens," EconomiX Working Papers 2009-35, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Russell M. Rhine, 2011.
"Economic freedom and employment growth in U.S. states,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 1-18.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Russell M. Rhine, 2010. "Economic freedom and employment growth in U.S. states," Working Papers 2010-006, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Akhter, Syed H., 2004. "Is globalization what it's cracked up to be? Economic freedom, corruption, and human development," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 283-295, August.
- Rami Abdelkafi & Hatem Derbel, 2008. "Une décomposition de l'effet de la liberté économique sur la croissance dans les pays en développement," EconomiX Working Papers 2008-19, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Kenny, Charles, 2005. "Why Are We Worried About Income? Nearly Everything that Matters is Converging," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 1-19, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.