A Framework to Determine the Value of Consumer Consideration Set Information for Firm Pricing Strategies
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Computational Economics in its journal Computational Economics.
Volume (Year): 35 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Optimal pricing; Consideration sets; Value of consumer information; Asymmetric price competition;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009.
"Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521747387, 9.
- Kenneth Train, 2003. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Online economics textbooks, SUNY-Oswego, Department of Economics, SUNY-Oswego, Department of Economics, number emetr2, Spring.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, 9.
- David Revelt & Kenneth Train, 2001.
"Customer-Specific Taste Parameters and Mixed Logit: Households' Choice of Electricity Supplier,"
- David Revelt and Kenneth Train., 2000. "Customer-Specific Taste Parameters and Mixed Logit: Households' Choice of Electricity Supplier," Economics Working Papers, University of California at Berkeley E00-274, University of California at Berkeley.
- Revelt, David & Train, Kenneth, 2000. "Customer-Specific Taste Parameters and Mixed Logit: Households' Choice of Electricity Supplier," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley qt1900p96t, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- David Besanko & Jean-Pierre DubÃ© & Sachin Gupta, 2003. "Competitive Price Discrimination Strategies in a Vertical Channel Using Aggregate Retail Data," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 49(9), pages 1121-1138, September.
- AndrÃ© Bonfrer & Pradeep K. Chintagunta, 2004. "Store Brands: Who Buys Them and What Happens to Retail Prices When They Are Introduced?," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 195-218, 03.
- Amil Petrin & Kenneth Train, 2003. "Omitted Product Attributes in Discrete Choice Models," NBER Working Papers 9452, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter E. Rossi & Robert E. McCulloch & Greg M. Allenby, 1996. "The Value of Purchase History Data in Target Marketing," Marketing Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 15(4), pages 321-340.
- John R. Hauser, 1977. "Testing the Accuracy," Discussion Papers, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science 286, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- George J. Stigler, 1961. "The Economics of Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 213.
- Jorge M. Silva-Risso & Randolph E. Bucklin & Donald G. Morrison, 1999. "A Decision Support System for Planning Manufacturers' Sales Promotion Calendars," Marketing Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 18(3), pages 274-300.
- van Nierop, J.E.M. & Paap, R. & Bronnenberg, B. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & Wedel, M., 2005. "Retrieving unobserved consideration sets from household panel data," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2005-49, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Shugan, Steven M, 1980. " The Cost of Thinking," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(2), pages 99-111, Se.
- J. Miguel Villas-Boas & Russell S. Winer, 1999. "Endogeneity in Brand Choice Models," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 45(10), pages 1324-1338, October.
- Chiang, Jeongwen & Chib, Siddhartha & Narasimhan, Chakravarthi, 1998. "Markov chain Monte Carlo and models of consideration set and parameter heterogeneity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 89(1-2), pages 223-248, November.
- Hauser, John R & Wernerfelt, Birger, 1990. " An Evaluation Cost Model of Consideration Sets," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(4), pages 393-408, March.
- Daniel McFadden & Kenneth Train, 2000. "Mixed MNL models for discrete response," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 447-470.
- Peter M. Guadagni & John D. C. Little, 1983. "A Logit Model of Brand Choice Calibrated on Scanner Data," Marketing Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 2(3), pages 203-238.
- David Besanko & Sachin Gupta & Dipak Jain, 1998. "Logit Demand Estimation Under Competitive Pricing Behavior: An Equilibrium Framework," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 44(11-Part-1), pages 1533-1547, November.
- Andrew Ainslie & Peter E. Rossi, 1998. "Similarities in Choice Behavior Across Product Categories," Marketing Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 17(2), pages 91-106.
- Nitin Mehta & Surendra Rajiv & Kannan Srinivasan, 2003. "Price Uncertainty and Consumer Search: A Structural Model of Consideration Set Formation," Marketing Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 22(1), pages 58-84, June.
- Pancras, Joseph, 2011. "The nested consideration model: Investigating dynamic store consideration sets and store competition," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 214(2), pages 340-347, October.
- Draganska, Michaela & Klapper, Daniel, 2010. "Choice Set Heterogeneity and the Role of Advertising: An Analysis with Micro and Macro Data," Research Papers 2063, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Michael Cohen & Rui Huang & Chen Zhu, 2012. "The Use of Voluntary Marketing Initiatives to Improve the Nutritional Profile of Kids Cereals," Working Papers, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy 11, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.