Solving Rational-Expectations Models through the Anderson-Moore Algorithm: An Introduction to the Matlab Implementation
AbstractThe Anderson-Moore algorithm provides a well-established solution method for systems of linear rational expectations equations. The purpose of this paper is to support a wider use of the algorithm by describing two sets of Matlab routines that allow its practical implementation. The emphasis is on the structures that should be modified to tailor the programs to one’s needs. I present the application of the algorithm for the solution of a version of [Coenen, G. and V. Wieland, ECB Working Paper, No. 30 (2000)]’s macroeconometric model of the Euro area. Copyright Springer Science + Business Media, Inc. 2005
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Computational Economics in its journal Computational Economics.
Volume (Year): 26 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (August)
computational methods; rational expectations; software;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:nbr:nberre:0126 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gunter Coenen & Volker Wieland, 2000.
"A Small Estimated Euro-Area Model with Rational Expectations and Nominal Rigidities,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
1284, Econometric Society.
- Coenen, Gunter & Wieland, Volker, 2005. "A small estimated euro area model with rational expectations and nominal rigidities," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(5), pages 1081-1104, July.
- Coenen, Günter & Wieland, Volker, 2002. "A Small Estimated Euro Area Model with Rational Expectations and Nominal Rigidities," CEPR Discussion Papers 3574, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Günter Coenen & Volker Wieland, 2000. "A small estimated Euro area model with rational expectations and nominal rigidities," Working Paper Series 30, European Central Bank.
- Guenter Coenen & Volker Wieland, 2003. "A Small Estimated Euro Area Model with Rational Expectations and Nominal Rigidities," CFS Working Paper Series 2003/08, Center for Financial Studies.
- Jeff Fuhrer & George Moore, 1993.
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Mar.
- Taylor, John B, 1980.
"Aggregate Dynamics and Staggered Contracts,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Jeffrey C. Fuhrer & C. Hoyt Bleakley, .
"Computationally Efficient Solution and Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Nonlinear Rational Expectations Models,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 1997
35, Society for Computational Economics.
- Jeffrey C. Fuhrer & C. Hoyt Bleakley, 1996. "Computationally efficient solution and maximum likelihood estimation of nonlinear rational expectation models," Working Papers 96-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Gabriel Fagan & Jérôme Henry & Ricardo Mestre, 2001. "An area-wide model (AWM) for the euro area," Working Paper Series 42, European Central Bank.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kahn, Charles M, 1980. "The Solution of Linear Difference Models under Rational Expectations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1305-11, July.
- Anderson, Gary & Moore, George, 1985. "A linear algebraic procedure for solving linear perfect foresight models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 247-252.
- Zhen, Chen, 2009. "Long-Run Effects From Consumer Reaction To The Spread Of Foodborne Pathogens: The Case Of E. Coli Contamination Of Beef At Jack In The Box Restaurants," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51341, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.