Estimation of VAR Models Computational Aspects
AbstractThe Vector Autoregressive (VAR) model with zero coefficient restrictions canbe formulated as a Seemingly Unrelated Regression Equation (SURE) model. Boththe response vectors and the coefficient matrix of the regression equationscomprise columns from a Toeplitz matrix. Efficient numerical and computationalmethods which exploit the Toeplitz and Kronecker product structure of thematrices are proposed. The methods are also adapted to provide numericallystable algorithms for the estimation of VAR(p) models with Granger-causedvariables. Copyright Kluwer Academic Publishers 2003
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Computational Economics in its journal Computational Economics.
Volume (Year): 21 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
vector autoregressive processes; SURE model; matrix factorizations;
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kontoghiorghes, E. J. & Clarke, M. R. B., 1995. "An alternative approach for the numerical solution of seemingly unrelated regression equations models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 369-377, April.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Blumenstock, Hendrik & von Grone, Udo & Mehlhorn, Marc & Merkl, Johannes & Pietz, Marcus, 2012. "Einflussfaktoren von CDS-Spreads als Maß für das aktuelle Bonitätsrisiko: Liefert das Rating eine Erklärung?," Bayreuth Working Papers on Finance, Accounting and Taxation (FAcT-Papers) 2012-03, University of Bayreuth, Chair of Finance and Banking.
- Godolphin, J.D., 2009. "New formulations for recursive residuals as a diagnostic tool in the fixed-effects linear model with design matrices of arbitrary rank," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2119-2128, April.
- Foschi, Paolo & Kontoghiorghes, Erricos J., 2003. "Estimating seemingly unrelated regression models with vector autoregressive disturbances," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 27-44, October.
- Gatu, Cristian & Kontoghiorghes, Erricos J., 2006. "Estimating all possible SUR models with permuted exogenous data matrices derived from a VAR process," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 721-739, May.
- Foschi, Paolo & Belsley, David A. & Kontoghiorghes, Erricos J., 2003. "A comparative study of algorithms for solving seemingly unrelated regressions models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 3-35, October.
- Gatu, Cristian & Kontoghiorghes, Erricos J. & Gilli, Manfred & Winker, Peter, 2008. "An efficient branch-and-bound strategy for subset vector autoregressive model selection," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1949-1963, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.