Implementing the Double Bootstrap
AbstractThe single bootstrap already is popular in economics, though the double bootstrap has better convergence properties. We discuss the theory and implementation of the double bootstrap, both with and without the pivotal transformation, and give detailed examples of each. One example is a nonlinear double bootstrap of a Cobb-Douglas production function, and explains the use of Gauss-Newton Regressions as a device to decrease computational time. Another example is double bootstrapping elasticities from a translog production function. Citation Copyright 1998 by Kluwer Academic Publishers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Computational Economics in its journal Computational Economics.
Volume (Year): 12 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (August)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-Philippe Gervais & Olivier Bonroy & Steve Couture, 2008.
"A province-level analysis of economies of scale in Canadian food processing,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(4), pages 538-556.
- Gervais, J.P. & Bonroy, O. & Couture, S., 2007. "A province-level analysis of economies of scale in Canadian food processing," Working Papers 200710, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- McCullough, B D, 1999. "Econometric Software Reliability: EViews, LIMDEP, SHAZAM and TSP," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 191-202, March-Apr.
- Menéndez, P. & Fan, Y. & Garthwaite, P.H. & Sisson, S.A., 2014. "Simultaneous adjustment of bias and coverage probabilities for confidence intervals," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 35-44.
- Gervais, Jean-Philippe & Bonroy, Olivier & Couture, Steve, 2006. "Economies of Scale in the Canadian Food Processing Industry," MPRA Paper 64, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mulekar, Madhuri S. & Mishra, Satya N., 2000. "Confidence interval estimation of overlap: equal means case," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 121-137, August.
- Gervais, Jean-Philippe & Larue, Bruno, 2006. "A Joint Test of Price Discrimination, Menu Cost and Currency Invoicing," MPRA Paper 565, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vinod, H. D., 1998. "FELLOW'S CORNER Foundations of statistical inference based on numerical roots of robust pivot functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 387-396, June.
- Gervais, Jean-Philippe & Larue, Bruno, 2004. "A Joint Test Of Pricing-To-Market, Menu Cost And Currency Invoicing," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20295, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.