Investigating Market Structure of the Greek Manufacturing Industry: A Hall-Roeger Approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Atlantic Economic Society in its journal Atlantic Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 39 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 10A Maryland Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63108-1502 U.S.A.
Phone: (314) 454-0100
Fax: (314) 454-9109
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=112055
More information through EDIRC
Hall-Roeger; Manufacturing industry; Panel data; Markup; Bootstrap; D43; L60; L00;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- L00 - Industrial Organization - - General - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hall, Robert E, 1988.
"The Relation between Price and Marginal Cost in U.S. Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(5), pages 921-47, October.
- Robert E. Hall, 1988. "The Relation Between Price and Marginal Cost in U.S. Industry," NBER Working Papers 1785, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wilhelmsson Fredrik, 2006. "Market Power and European Competition in the Swedish Food Industry," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-26, October.
- Connor, John M & Peterson, Everett B, 1992.
"Market-Structure Determinants of National Brand-Private Label Price Differences of Manufactured Food Products,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 157-71, June.
- Connor, John M. & Peterson, Everett B., 1991. "Market-Structure Determinants Of National Brand-Private Label Price Differences Of Manufactured Food Products," Working Papers 116099, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Kaludura Abayasiri-Silva, 1999. "Market Power in Australian Manufacturing Industry: A Confirmation of Hall's Hypothesis," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-132, Monash University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Ryan, Daniel J., 1997. "Trends in market power and productivity growth rates in US and Japanese manufacturing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 183-187, December.
- Bhuyan, Sanjib & Lopez, Rigoberto A., 1998. "What Determines Welfare Losses From Oligopoly Power In The Food And Tobacco Industries?," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 27(2), October.
- Rumen Dobrinsky & Gábor Korösi & Nikolay Markov & László Halpern, 2004.
"Firms’ Price Markups and Returns to Scale in Imperfect Markets: Bulgaria and Hungary,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
2004-710, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Rumen Dobrinsky & Gabor Korosi & Nikolay Markov & Laszlo Halpern, 2004. "Firms’ Price Markups and Returns to Scale in Imperfect Markets - Bulgaria and Hungary," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0412, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Holger Görg & Frederic Warzynski, 2003.
"Price Cost Margins and Exporting Behaviour: Evidence from Firm Level Data,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
365, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Holger Gæ””g & Frederic Warzynski, 2003. "Price cost margins and exporting behaviour: Evidence from firm level data," LICOS Discussion Papers 13303, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Evren Ceritoglu, 2002. "The Cyclicality Of Mark-Up Ratios : The Case Of Turkish Industry," Working Papers 0204, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Roeger, Werner, 1995. "Can Imperfect Competition Explain the Difference between Primal and Dual Productivity Measures? Estimates for U.S. Manufacturing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(2), pages 316-30, April.
- K. Oustapassidis & A. Vlachvei & O. Notta, 2000. "Efficiency and Market Power in Greek Food Industries," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(3), pages 623-629.
- Joaquim Oliveira Martins & Stefano Scarpetta & Dirk Pilat, 1996. "Mark-Up Ratios in Manufacturing Industries: Estimates for 14 OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 162, OECD Publishing.
- repec:may:mayecw:n1210503 is not listed on IDEAS
- Crespi John M. & Gao Zhifeng & Hanawa Peterson Hikaru, 2005. "A Simple Test of Oligopsony Behavior with an Application to Rice Milling," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-19, August.
- Gerry E. Boyle, 2004. "Hall-Roeger Tests of Market Power in Irish Manufacturing Industries," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 35(3), pages 289-304.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.