A Short-Run Crude Oil Price Forecast Model with Ratchet Effect
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Atlantic Economic Society in its journal Atlantic Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 37 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 10A Maryland Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63108-1502 U.S.A.
Phone: (314) 454-0100
Fax: (314) 454-9109
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=112055
More information through EDIRC
Crude oil prices; Crude oil inventory; Crude oil excess production capacity; Duesenberry ratchet effect; Q00 Agriculture and Natural Resources;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q00 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - General
- Agr - General Economics and Teaching - - - - -
- and - - - - - -
- Nat - Economic History - - - - -
- Res - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - - - -
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert K. Kaufmann, Stephane Dees, Pavlos Karadeloglou and Marcelo Sanchez, 2004. "Does OPEC Matter? An Econometric Analysis of Oil Prices," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 67-90.
- Avinash K. Dixit & Robert S. Pindyck, 1998.
"Expandability, Reversibility, and Optimal Capacity Choice,"
NBER Working Papers
6373, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dixit, Avinash K. & Pindyck, Robert S. & Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research., 2003. "Expandability, reversibility, and optimal capacity choice," Working papers 97-006WP., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Jared Enzler & Lewis Johnson & John Paulus, 1976. "Some Problems of Money Demand," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 7(1), pages 261-282.
- Duesenberry, James S, 1974. "Alternatives to Monetary Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(2), pages 105-11, May.
- Stephen G. Powell, 1990. "The Target Capacity-Utilization Model of OPEC and the Dynamics of the World Oil Market," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 27-64.
- James Duesenberry, 1973. "Some Observations on Monetary Policy," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(2), pages 508-514.
- Stevens, Thomas H. & Adams, Gail, 1986. "Testing For Changes In The Price Elasticity Of Residential Electricity Demand," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 15(2), October.
- Sadorsky, Perry, 2000. "The empirical relationship between energy futures prices and exchange rates," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 253-266, April.
- Michael Ye & John Zyren & Joanne Shore, 2006. "Short-Run Crude Oil Price and Surplus Production Capacity," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 390-394, August.
- Carol Dahl & Mine Yucel, 1991. "Testing Alternative Hypotheses of Oil Producer Behavior," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 117-138.
- Georges Prat & Remzi Uctum, 2009.
"Modelling oil price expectations: evidence from survey data,"
EconomiX Working Papers
2009-28, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Prat, Georges & Uctum, Remzi, 2011. "Modelling oil price expectations: Evidence from survey data," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 236-247, June.
- He, Angela W.W. & Kwok, Jerry T.K. & Wan, Alan T.K., 2010. "An empirical model of daily highs and lows of West Texas Intermediate crude oil prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1499-1506, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.