FTPL-Perspective on Tradable Deficit Permits in the EMU
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Atlantic Economic Society in its journal Atlantic Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 35 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 10A Maryland Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63108-1502 U.S.A.
Phone: (314) 454-0100
Fax: (314) 454-9109
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=112055
More information through EDIRC
EU; Fiscal policy; Fiscal theory of the price level; Growth and stability pact; Monetary policy; Tradable deficit permits; E50; E60; H30; H60;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
- H60 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jérôme Creel & Henri Sterdyniak, 2002.
"The fiscal theory of the price level and sluggish inflation: how important shall the wealth effect be?,"
Sciences Po publications
NÂ°2002-01, Sciences Po.
- Jerome Creel & Henri Sterdyniak, 2002. "The fiscal theory of the price level and sluggish inflation: how important shall the wealth effect be?," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2002-01, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Rao Aiyagari, S. & Gertler, Mark, 1985. "The backing of government bonds and monetarism," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 19-44, July.
- Thomas J. Sargent & Neil Wallace, 1981. "Some unpleasant monetarist arithmetic," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall.
- Marco Catenaro & Patrizio Tirelli, 1999.
"Reconsidering The Pros and Cons of Fiscal Policy Coordination in a Monetary Union: Should We Set Public Expenditure Targets?,"
30, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2000.
- Marco Catenaro & Patrizio Tirelli, 2000. "Reconsidering The Pros and Cons of Fiscal Policy Co-ordination in a Monetary Union: Should We Set Public Expenditure Targets ?," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0002, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Anton Muscatelli & Piergiovanna Natale & Patrizio Tirelli, 2003.
"A Simple and Flexible Alternative to the Stability and Growth Pact Deficit Ceilings. Is it at hand?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1006, CESifo Group Munich.
- V. Anton Muscatelli & Piergiovanna Natale & Patrizio Tirelli, 2010. "A simple and flexible alternative to the Stability and Growth Pact deficit ceilings. Is it at hand?," Working Papers 195, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2010.
- António Afonso, 2002.
"Disturbing the Fiscal Theory of the Price Level: Can it Fit the EU-15,"
2002/01, Department of Economics at the School of Economics and Management (ISEG), Technical University of Lisbon..
- António Afonso, 2002. "Disturbing the fiscal theory of the price level: Can it fit the eu-15?," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 B4-3, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Willi Semmler & Wenlang Zhang, 2004.
"Monetary and Fiscal Policy Interactions in the Euro Area,"
Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 205-227, June.
- Willi Semmler & Wenlang Zhang, 2004. "Monetary and Fiscal Policy Interactions in the Euro Area," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 205-227, June.
- repec:dar:vpaper:21326 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dupor, Bill, 2000. "Exchange rates and the fiscal theory of the price level," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 613-630, June.
- Woodford, Michael, 1995.
"Price-level determinacy without control of a monetary aggregate,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 1-46, December.
- Michael Woodford, 1995. "Price Level Determinacy Without Control of a Monetary Aggregate," NBER Working Papers 5204, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leeper, Eric M., 1991. "Equilibria under 'active' and 'passive' monetary and fiscal policies," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 129-147, February.
- CASTRO, Rui & De RESENDE, Carlos & RUGE-MURCIA, Francisco Keywords: Ricardian/Non-Ricardian regimes, policy rules, central banking, 2003.
"The Backing of Government Debt and the Price Level,"
Cahiers de recherche
16-2003, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- CASTRO, Rui & RESENDE, Carlos & RUGE-MURCIA, Francisco J., 2003. "The Backing of Government Debt and the Price Level," Cahiers de recherche 2003-22, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Bizer, Kilian & Sesselmeier, Werner, 2004. "Koordinierte Makropolitik in der Europäischen Union?," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 21326, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- Creel, Jérôme & Sterdyniak, Henri, 2002. "The fiscal theory of the price level and sluggish inflation : how important shall the wealth effect be ?," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/3304, Paris Dauphine University.
- Alessandra Casella, 1999.
"Tradable Deficit Permits: Efficient Implementation of the Stability Pacin the European Monetary Union,"
NBER Working Papers
7278, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alessandra Casella, 1999. "Tradable deficit permits:efficient implementation of the Stability Pact in the European Monetary Union," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 14(29), pages 321-362, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.