Principal-principal conflicts during crisis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Asia Pacific Journal of Management.
Volume (Year): 28 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: P.O. Box 17, 3300 AA Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=106589
Principal-principal conflicts; Crisis; Corporate governance; Family ownership;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Carney & Eric Gedajlovic & Xiaohua Yang, 2009. "Varieties of Asian capitalism: Toward an institutional theory of Asian enterprise," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 361-380, September.
- Demsetz, Harold & Lehn, Kenneth, 1985. "The Structure of Corporate Ownership: Causes and Consequences," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(6), pages 1155-77, December.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996.
"Law and Finance,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1768, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, . "Law and Finance," Working Paper 19451, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1998. "Law and Finance," Scholarly Articles 3451310, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," NBER Working Papers 5661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael N. Young & Mike W. Peng & David Ahlstrom & Garry D. Bruton & Yi Jiang, 2008. "Corporate Governance in Emerging Economies: A Review of the Principal-Principal Perspective," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 196-220, 01.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon & Lang, Larry H. P., 2000. "The separation of ownership and control in East Asian Corporations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 81-112.
- Alexander Dyck & Luigi Zingales, 2002.
"Private Benefits of Control: An International Comparison,"
NBER Working Papers
8711, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alexander Dyck & Luigi Zingales, 2004. "Private Benefits of Control: An International Comparison," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 537-600, 04.
- Dyck, Alexander & Zingales, Luigi, 2002. "Private Benefits of Control: An International Comparison," CEPR Discussion Papers 3177, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mike W Peng & Denis Y L Wang & Yi Jiang, 2008. "An institution-based view of international business strategy: a focus on emerging economies," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 39(5), pages 920-936, July.
- Himmelberg, Charles P. & Hubbard, R. Glenn & Palia, Darius, 1999.
"Understanding the determinants of managerial ownership and the link between ownership and performance,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 353-384, September.
- Himmelberg, C.P. & Hubbard, R.G. & Palia, D., 1997. "Understanding the Determinants of Mangerial Ownership and the Link Between Ownership and Performance," Papers 97-21, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Charles P. Himmelberg & R. Glenn Hubbard & Darius Palia, 2000. "Understanding the Determinants of Managerial Ownership and the Link Between Ownership and Performance," NBER Working Papers 7209, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anderson, Ronald C & Reeb, David M, 2003. "Founding-Family Ownership, Corporate Diversification, and Firm Leverage," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(2), pages 653-84, October.
- Michael L. Lemmon & Karl V. Lins, 2003. "Ownership Structure, Corporate Governance, and Firm Value: Evidence from the East Asian Financial Crisis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(4), pages 1445-1468, 08.
- Mike W. Peng & Yi Jiang, 2010. "Institutions Behind Family Ownership and Control in Large Firms," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 253-273, 03.
- Chris Changwha Chung & Seung-Hyun Lee & Paul W Beamish & Takehiko Isobe, 2010. "Subsidiary expansion/contraction during times of economic crisis," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 41(3), pages 500-516, April.
- Narjess Boubakri & Omrane Guedhami & Dev Mishra, 2010. "Family control and the implied cost of equity: Evidence before and after the Asian financial crisis," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 41(3), pages 451-474, April.
- John Nowland, 2008. "Are East Asian Companies Benefiting from Western Board Practices?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 79(1), pages 133-150, April.
- Shaker A. Zahra & Igor Filatotchev, 2004. "Governance of the Entrepreneurial Threshold Firm: A Knowledge-based Perspective," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(5), pages 885-897, 07.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.