FDI distribution within China: An integrative conceptual framework for analyzing intra-country FDI variations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Asia Pacific Journal of Management.
Volume (Year): 28 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: P.O. Box 17, 3300 AA Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=106589
FDI location decision; China; Investment incentives; Industry-specific FDI determinants; Intra-country FDI variations;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christer Ljungwall & Martin Linde-Rahr, 2005. "Environmental Policy and the Location of Foreign Direct Investment in China," Governance Working Papers 22020, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Lilach Nachum, 2000. "Economic Geography and the Location of TNCs: Financial and Professional Service FDI to the USA," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 31(3), pages 367-385, September.
- Tung, Samuel & Cho, Stella, 2001. " Determinants of Regional Investment Decisions in China: An Econometric Model of Tax Incentive Policy," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 167-85, September.
- James L. Butkiewicz & Halit Yanikkaya, 2003.
"Capital Account Openness, International Trade, and Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Empirical Investigation,"
03-06, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- James L. Butkiewicz & Halit Yanikkaya, 2008. "Capital Account Openness, International Trade, and Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Empirical Investigation," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 44(2), pages 15-38, March.
- Mudambi, Ram & Navarra, Pietro, 2002. "Institutions and internation business: a theoretical overview," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 635-646, December.
- Yingqi Wei & Xiaming Liu & David Parker & Kirit Vaidya, 1999. "The Regional Distribution of Foreign Direct Investment in China," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(9), pages 857-867.
- John H Dunning, 1998. "Location and the Multinational Enterprise: A Neglected Factor?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 29(1), pages 45-66, March.
- Peter J Buckley & Timothy M Devinney & Jordan J Louviere, 2007. "Do managers behave the way theory suggests? A choice-theoretic examination of foreign direct investment location decision-making," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(7), pages 1069-1094, December.
- Klaus E. Meyer, 2005. "Foreign Investment Strategies and Sub-national Institutions in Emerging Markets: Evidence from Vietnam," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 63-93, 01.
- Mike Peng, 2005. "Perspectives—From China Strategy to Global Strategy," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 123-141, June.
- Hennart, J.-F. & Park, Y.R., 1994. "Location, governance and strategic determinants of Japanese manufacturing investment in the United States," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-174010, Tilburg University.
- Narula, Rajneesh & Wakelin, Katharine, 1998.
"Technological competitiveness, trade and foreign direct investment,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 373-387, September.
- Narula ,Rajneesh & Wakelin ,Katharine, 1995. "Technological competitiveness, trade and foreign direct investment," Research Memorandum 013, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Hines, James R, Jr, 1996.
"Altered States: Taxes and the Location of Foreign Direct Investment in America,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1076-94, December.
- James R. Hines Jr., 1993. "Altered States: Taxes and the Location of Foreign Direct Investment in America," NBER Working Papers 4397, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Field, Alexander J., 1991. "Institutions, Institutional Change and Economic Performance. By Douglass C. North. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1990. Pp. viii, 152. $32.50, cloth; $10.95, paper," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 51(04), pages 999-1001, December.
- Noorbakhsh, Farhad & Paloni, Alberto & Youssef, Ali, 2001. "Human Capital and FDI Inflows to Developing Countries: New Empirical Evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1593-1610, September.
- Lorraine Eden & Stefanie Lenway, 2001. "Introduction to the Symposium Multinationals: The Janus Face of Globalization*," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 32(3), pages 383-400, September.
- Sun, Qian & Tong, Wilson & Yu, Qiao, 2002. "Determinants of foreign direct investment across China," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 79-113, February.
- Alan M Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2007. "Liabilities of regional foreignness and the use of firm-level versus country-level data: a response to Dunning et al. (2007)," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(1), pages 200-205, January.
- John H Dunning, 1980. "Towards an Eclectic Theory of International Production: Some Empirical Tests," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 11(1), pages 9-31, March.
- Nathan Fagre & Louis T Wells, 1982. "Bargaining Power of Multinationals and Host Governments," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 13(2), pages 9-24, June.
- Alfred D. Chandler, 1969. "Strategy and Structure: Chapters in the History of the American Industrial Enterprise," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262530090, December.
- Kevin Honglin Zhang, 2001. "What Attracts Foreign Multinational Corporations To China?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(3), pages 336-346, 07.
- Caves, Richard E, 1971. "International Corporations: The Industrial Economics of Foreign Investment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(149), pages 1-27, February.
- Franklin R Root & Ahmed A Ahmed, 1978. "The influence of policy instruments on manufacturing Direct Foreign investment in developing countries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 9(3), pages 81-94, September.
- Sergio Mariotti & Lucia Piscitello, 1995. "Information Costs and Location of FDIs within the Host Country: Empirical Evidence from Italy," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 26(4), pages 815-841, December.
- Tai-Yuen Hon & Che-Cheong Poon & Kai-Yin Woo, 2005. "Regional Distribution of Foreign Direct Investment in China : A Multivariate Data Analysis of Major Socioeconomic Variables," Chinese Economy, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 38(2), pages 56-87, March.
- Davide Castellani & Giulio Giangaspero & Antonello Zanfei, 2013. "Heterogeneity and distance. Some propositions on how differences across regions, firms and functions affect the role of distance in FDI location decisions," Working Papers 1308, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.