FDI distribution within China: An integrative conceptual framework for analyzing intra-country FDI variations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Asia Pacific Journal of Management.
Volume (Year): 28 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: P.O. Box 17, 3300 AA Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=106589
FDI location decision; China; Investment incentives; Industry-specific FDI determinants; Intra-country FDI variations;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James L. Butkiewicz & Halit Yanikkaya, 2003.
"Capital Account Openness, International Trade, and Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Empirical Investigation,"
03-06, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- James L. Butkiewicz & Halit Yanikkaya, 2008. "Capital Account Openness, International Trade, and Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Empirical Investigation," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 44(2), pages 15-38, March.
- James R. Hines Jr., 1997.
"Altered States: Taxes and the Location of Foreign Direct Investment in America,"
NBER Working Papers
4397, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hines, James R, Jr, 1996. "Altered States: Taxes and the Location of Foreign Direct Investment in America," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1076-94, December.
- Noorbakhsh, Farhad & Paloni, Alberto & Youssef, Ali, 2001. "Human Capital and FDI Inflows to Developing Countries: New Empirical Evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1593-1610, September.
- Sun, Qian & Tong, Wilson & Yu, Qiao, 2002. "Determinants of foreign direct investment across China," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 79-113, February.
- Peter J Buckley & Timothy M Devinney & Jordan J Louviere, 2007. "Do managers behave the way theory suggests? A choice-theoretic examination of foreign direct investment location decision-making," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(7), pages 1069-1094, December.
- Kevin Honglin Zhang, 2001. "What Attracts Foreign Multinational Corporations To China?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(3), pages 336-346, 07.
- Lorraine Eden & Stefanie Lenway, 2001. "Introduction to the Symposium Multinationals: The Janus Face of Globalization*," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 32(3), pages 383-400, September.
- Franklin R Root & Ahmed A Ahmed, 1978. "The influence of policy instruments on manufacturing Direct Foreign investment in developing countries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 9(3), pages 81-94, September.
- Alfred D. Chandler, 1969. "Strategy and Structure: Chapters in the History of the American Industrial Enterprise," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262530090, December.
- Tung, Samuel & Cho, Stella, 2001. " Determinants of Regional Investment Decisions in China: An Econometric Model of Tax Incentive Policy," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 167-85, September.
- Sergio Mariotti & Lucia Piscitello, 1995. "Information Costs and Location of FDIs within the Host Country: Empirical Evidence from Italy," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 26(4), pages 815-841, December.
- Hennart, J.-F. & Park, Y.R., 1994. "Location, governance and strategic determinants of Japanese manufacturing investment in the United States," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-174010, Tilburg University.
- Caves, Richard E, 1971. "International Corporations: The Industrial Economics of Foreign Investment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(149), pages 1-27, February.
- Lilach Nachum, 2000. "Economic Geography and the Location of TNCs: Financial and Professional Service FDI to the USA," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 31(3), pages 367-385, September.
- Mudambi, Ram & Navarra, Pietro, 2002. "Institutions and internation business: a theoretical overview," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 635-646, December.
- Mike Peng, 2005. "Perspectives—From China Strategy to Global Strategy," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 123-141, June.
- John H Dunning, 1998. "Location and the Multinational Enterprise: A Neglected Factor?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 29(1), pages 45-66, March.
- Klaus E. Meyer, 2005. "Foreign Investment Strategies and Sub-national Institutions in Emerging Markets: Evidence from Vietnam," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 63-93, 01.
- Alan M Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2007. "Liabilities of regional foreignness and the use of firm-level versus country-level data: a response to Dunning et al. (2007)," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(1), pages 200-205, January.
- Narula, Rajneesh & Wakelin, Katharine, 1998.
"Technological competitiveness, trade and foreign direct investment,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 373-387, September.
- Narula ,Rajneesh & Wakelin ,Katharine, 1995. "Technological competitiveness, trade and foreign direct investment," Research Memorandum 013, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- John H Dunning, 1980. "Towards an Eclectic Theory of International Production: Some Empirical Tests," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 11(1), pages 9-31, March.
- Tai-Yuen Hon & Che-Cheong Poon & Kai-Yin Woo, 2005. "Regional Distribution of Foreign Direct Investment in China : A Multivariate Data Analysis of Major Socioeconomic Variables," Chinese Economy, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 38(2), pages 56-87, March.
- Nathan Fagre & Louis T Wells, 1982. "Bargaining Power of Multinationals and Host Governments," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 13(2), pages 9-24, June.
- Field, Alexander J., 1991. "Institutions, Institutional Change and Economic Performance. By Douglass C. North. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1990. Pp. viii, 152. $32.50, cloth; $10.95, paper," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 51(04), pages 999-1001, December.
- Yingqi Wei & Xiaming Liu & David Parker & Kirit Vaidya, 1999. "The Regional Distribution of Foreign Direct Investment in China," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(9), pages 857-867.
- Christer Ljungwall & Martin Linde-Rahr, 2005. "Environmental Policy and the Location of Foreign Direct Investment in China," Governance Working Papers 22020, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.