What is the Natural Scale for a Lévy Process in Modelling Term Structure of Interest Rates?
AbstractThis paper gives examples of explicit arbitrage-free term structure models with L\'evy jumps via state price density approach. By generalizing quadratic Gaussian models, it is found that the probability density function of a L\'evy process is a "natural" scale for the process to be the state variable of a market.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Asia-Pacific Financial Markets.
Volume (Year): 13 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102851
State price density approach; Term structure models; Shirakawa model; Lévy process; Probability density; 91B70; 60G52; G12;
Other versions of this item:
- Jir\^o Akahori & Takahiro Tsuchiya, 2006. "What is the natural scale for a L\'evy process in modelling term structure of interest rates?," Papers math/0612341, arXiv.org.
- 91B - - - - - -
- 60G - - - - - -
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ernst Eberlein & Jean Jacod & Sebastian Raible, 2005. "Lévy term structure models: No-arbitrage and completeness," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 67-88, January.
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- Hiroshi Shirakawa, 1991. "Interest Rate Option Pricing With Poisson-Gaussian Forward Rate Curve Processes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(4), pages 77-94.
- Lane Hughston & Avraam Rafailidis, 2005. "A chaotic approach to interest rate modelling," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 43-65, January.
- O. E. Barndorff-Nielsen & S. Z. Levendorskii, 2001. "Feller processes of normal inverse Gaussian type," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(3), pages 318-331.
- Dong-Hyun Ahn & Robert F. Dittmar, 2002. "Quadratic Term Structure Models: Theory and Evidence," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(1), pages 243-288, March.
- Carl Chiarella & Christina Nikitopoulos-Sklibosios, 2004.
"A Class of Jump-Diffusion Bond Pricing Models within the HJM Framework,"
Research Paper Series
132, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Carl Chiarella & Christina Sklibosios, 2003. "A Class of Jump-Diffusion Bond Pricing Models within the HJM Framework," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 87-127, September.
- Jir� Akahori & Keisuke Hara, 2006. "Lifting Quadratic Term Structure Models To Infinite Dimension," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(4), pages 635-645.
- L. C. G. Rogers, 1997. "The Potential Approach to the Term Structure of Interest Rates and Foreign Exchange Rates," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 157-176.
- Tomas Björk & Yuri Kabanov & Wolfgang Runggaldier, 1997. "Bond Market Structure in the Presence of Marked Point Processes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 211-239.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Constantinides, George M, 1992. "A Theory of the Nominal Term Structure of Interest Rates," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(4), pages 531-52.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
Cited by:reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.