Modeling Multivariate Distributions with Continuous Margins Using the copula R Package
AbstractThe copula-based modeling of multivariate distributions with continuous margins is presented as a succession of rank-based tests: a multivariate test of randomness followed by a test of mutual independence and a series of goodness-of-fit tests. All the tests under consideration are based on the empirical copula, which is a nonparametric rank-based estimator of the true unknown copula. The principles of the tests are recalled and their implementation in the copula R package is briefly described. Their use in the construction of a copula model from data is thoroughly illustrated on real insurance and financial data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Statistical Software.
Volume (Year): 34 ()
Issue (Month): i09 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.jstatsoft.org/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rémillard, Bruno & Scaillet, Olivier, 2009.
"Testing for equality between two copulas,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 377-386, March.
- Christian Genest & Jean-François Quessy & Bruno Rémillard, 2006. "Goodness-of-fit Procedures for Copula Models Based on the Probability Integral Transformation," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 33(2), pages 337-366.
- Ghoudi, Kilani & Kulperger, Reg J. & Rémillard, Bruno, 2001. "A Nonparametric Test of Serial Independence for Time Series and Residuals," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 191-218, November.
- Giacomini, Enzo & HÃ¤rdle, Wolfgang & Spokoiny, Vladimir, 2009.
"Inhomogeneous Dependence Modeling with Time-Varying Copulae,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 27(2), pages 224-234.
- Enzo Giacomini & Wolfgang Härdle & Ekaterina Ignatieva & Vladimir Spokoiny, 2006. "Inhomogeneous Dependency Modelling with Time Varying Copulae," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-075, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Genest, Christian & Rémillard, Bruno & Beaudoin, David, 2009. "Goodness-of-fit tests for copulas: A review and a power study," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 199-213, April.
- Righi, Marcelo Brutti & Ceretta, Paulo Sergio, 2013. "Analyzing the dependence structure of various sectors in the Brazilian market: A Pair Copula Construction approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 199-206.
- Fang, Y. & Madsen, L., 2013. "Modified Gaussian pseudo-copula: Applications in insurance and finance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 292-301.
- Jäschke, Stefan, 2014. "Estimation of risk measures in energy portfolios using modern copula techniques," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 359-376.
- Righi, Marcelo Brutti & Ceretta, Paulo Sergio, 2013. "Estimating non-linear serial and cross-interdependence between financial assets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 837-846.
- Kojadinovic, Ivan & Yan, Jun, 2010. "Comparison of three semiparametric methods for estimating dependence parameters in copula models," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 52-63, August.
- Elena Di Bernardino & Didier Rullière, 2014. "Estimation of multivariate critical layers: Applications to rainfall data," Working Papers hal-00940089, HAL.
- Aloui, Riadh & Aïssa, Mohamed Safouane Ben & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2014. "Dependence and extreme dependence of crude oil and natural gas prices with applications to risk management," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 332-342.
- Elisa Luciano & Jaap Spreeuw & Elena Vigna, 2012. "Evolution of coupled lives' dependency across generations and pricing impact," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 258, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Ostap Okhrin & Alexander Ristig, 2012. "Hierarchical Archimedean Copulae: The HAC Package," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-036, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Bellini, Tiziano, 2013. "Integrated bank risk modeling: A bottom-up statistical framework," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 230(2), pages 385-398.
- Di Bernardino Elena & Rullière Didier, 2013.
"On certain transformations of Archimedean copulas: Application to the non-parametric estimation of their generators,"
De Gruyter Open, vol. 1, pages 1-36, October.
- Elena Di Bernardino & Didier Rullière, 2013. "On certain transformation of Archimedean copulas: Application to the non-parametric estimation of their generators," Post-Print hal-00834000, HAL.
- Bologov , Yaroslav, 2013. "A copula-based approach to portfolio credit risk modeling," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 29(1), pages 45-66.
- Marcelo Brutti Righi & Paulo Sergio Ceretta, 2011. "Extreme values dependence of risk in Latin American markets," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(4), pages 2903-2914.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.