The VGAM Package for Categorical Data Analysis
AbstractClassical categorical regression models such as the multinomial logit and proportional odds models are shown to be readily handled by the vector generalized linear and additive model (VGLM/VGAM) framework. Additionally, there are natural extensions, such as reduced-rank VGLMs for dimension reduction, and allowing covariates that have values specific to each linear/additive predictor, e.g., for consumer choice modeling. This article describes some of the framework behind the VGAM R package, its usage and implementation details.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Statistical Software.
Volume (Year): 32 ()
Issue (Month): i10 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.jstatsoft.org/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Meyer & Achim Zeileis & Kurt Hornik, . "The Strucplot Framework: Visualizing Multi-way Contingency Tables with vcd," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(i03).
- David Firth, . "Bradley-Terry Models in R," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(i01).
- Ioannis Kosmidis & David Firth, 2009. "Bias reduction in exponential family nonlinear models," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 96(4), pages 793-804.
- Oh, Man-Suk, 2014. "Bayesian test on equality of score parameters in the order restricted RC association model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 147-157.
- Paola Brighi & Roberto Patuelli & Giuseppe Torluccio, 2012.
"Self-Financing of Traditional and R&D Investments: Evidence from Italian SMEs,"
Working Paper Series
61_12, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- P. Brighi & R. Patuelli & G. Torluccio, 2012. "Self-Financing of Traditional and R&D Investments: Evidence from Italian SMEs," Working Papers wp845, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Kaza, Nikhil & Towe, Charles A. & Ye, Xin, 2011. "A Hybrid Land Conversion Model Incorporating Multiple End Uses," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 40(3), December.
- Stoklosa, Jakub & Huggins, Richard M., 2012. "A robust P-spline approach to closed population capture–recapture models with time dependence and heterogeneity," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 408-417.
- Carolyn Anderson, 2013. "Multidimensional Item Response Theory Models with Collateral Information as Poisson Regression Models," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 276-303, July.
- Tsagris, Michail & Beneki, Christina & Hassani, Hossein, 2013. "On the Folded Normal Distribution," MPRA Paper 53748, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Krämer, Nicole & Brechmann, Eike C. & Silvestrini, Daniel & Czado, Claudia, 2013. "Total loss estimation using copula-based regression models," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 829-839.
- Yee, Thomas W., 2014. "Reduced-rank vector generalized linear models with two linear predictors," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 889-902.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.