BiplotGUI: Interactive Biplots in R
AbstractBiplots simultaneously provide information on both the samples and the variables of a data matrix in two- or three-dimensional representations. The BiplotGUI package provides a graphical user interface for the construction of, interaction with, and manipulation of biplots in R. The samples are represented as points, with coordinates determined either by the choice of biplot, principal coordinate analysis or multidimensional scaling. Various transformations and dissimilarity metrics are available. Information on the original variables is incorporated by linear or non-linear calibrated axes. Goodness-of-fit measures are provided. Additional descriptors can be superimposed, including convex hulls, alpha-bags, point densities and classification regions. Amongst the interactive features are dynamic variable value prediction, zooming and point and axis drag-and-drop. Output can easily be exported to the R workspace for further manipulation. Three-dimensional biplots are incorporated via the rgl package. The user requires almost no knowledge of R syntax.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Statistical Software.
Volume (Year): 30 ()
Issue (Month): i12 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.jstatsoft.org/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gower, John C. & Ngouenet, Roger F., 2005. "Nonlinearity effects in multidimensional scaling," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 344-365, June.
- Roger Shepard, 1962. "The analysis of proximities: Multidimensional scaling with an unknown distance function. II," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 219-246, September.
- Jean Thioulouse & Stéphane Dray, . "Interactive Multivariate Data Analysis in R with the ade4 and ade4TkGUI Packages," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 22(i05).
- Roger Shepard, 1962. "The analysis of proximities: Multidimensional scaling with an unknown distance function. I," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 125-140, June.
- Stéphane Dray & Anne-Béatrice Dufour, . "The ade4 Package: Implementing the Duality Diagram for Ecologists," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 22(i04).
- Frederic Udina, . "Interactive Biplot Construction," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(i05).
- J. Gower & P. Legendre, 1986. "Metric and Euclidean properties of dissimilarity coefficients," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 5-48, March.
- J. Kruskal, 1964. "Nonmetric multidimensional scaling: A numerical method," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 115-129, June.
- Blasius, Jörg & Eilers, Paul H.C. & Gower, John, 2009. "Better biplots," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(8), pages 3145-3158, June.
- Leslie Underhill, 1990. "The coefficient of variation biplot," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 241-256, September.
- Sugnet Gardner-Lubbe & Ni�l Le Roux & John Gowers, 2008. "Measures of fit in principal component and canonical variate analyses," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(9), pages 947-965.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.