FlexMix Version 2: Finite Mixtures with Concomitant Variables and Varying and Constant Parameters
Abstractflexmix provides infrastructure for flexible fitting of finite mixture models in R using the expectation-maximization (EM) algorithm or one of its variants. The functionality of the package was enhanced. Now concomitant variable models as well as varying and constant parameters for the component specific generalized linear regression models can be fitted. The application of the package is demonstrated on several examples, the implementation described and examples given to illustrate how new drivers for the component specific models and the concomitant variable models can be defined.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Statistical Software.
Volume (Year): 28 ()
Issue (Month): i04 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.jstatsoft.org/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Karlis, Dimitris & Xekalaki, Evdokia, 2003. "Choosing initial values for the EM algorithm for finite mixtures," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 577-590, January.
- Celeux, Gilles & Govaert, Gerard, 1992. "A classification EM algorithm for clustering and two stochastic versions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 315-332, October.
- Biernacki, Christophe & Celeux, Gilles & Govaert, Gerard, 2003. "Choosing starting values for the EM algorithm for getting the highest likelihood in multivariate Gaussian mixture models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 561-575, January.
- Michel Wedel & Wayne DeSarbo, 1995. "A mixture likelihood approach for generalized linear models," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 21-55, March.
- Grun, Bettina & Leisch, Friedrich, 2007. "Fitting finite mixtures of generalized linear regressions in R," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(11), pages 5247-5252, July.
- D. Böhning & E. Dietz & P. Schlattmann & L. Mendonça & U. Kirchner, 1999. "The zero-inflated Poisson model and the decayed, missing and filled teeth index in dental epidemiology," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 162(2), pages 195-209.
- Ivana Malá, 2012. "The Use of Finite Mixtures of Lognormal Distribution for the Modelling of Income Distributions," Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(4), pages 26-39.
- Spindler, Martin, 2013. "“They do know what they are doing... at least most of them.” Asymmetric Information in the (private) Disability Insurance," MEA discussion paper series 12260, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Boris Branisa & Adriana Cardozo, 2009. "Revisiting the Regional Growth Convergence Debate in Colombia Using Income Indicators," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 194, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research, revised 21 Aug 2009.
- Rainer Schlittgen, 2011. "A weighted least-squares approach to clusterwise regression," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer, vol. 95(2), pages 205-217, June.
- Bartolucci, Francesco & Grilli, Leonardo & Pieroni, Luca, 2012. "Estimating dynamic causal effects with unobserved confounders: a latent class version of the inverse probability weighted estimator," MPRA Paper 43430, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Plavcan & Georg J. Mayr & Achim Zeileis, 2013. "Automatic and Probabilistic Foehn Diagnosis with a Statistical Mixture Model," Working Papers 2013-22, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Sanjeena Subedi & Antonio Punzo & Salvatore Ingrassia & Paul McNicholas, 2013. "Clustering and classification via cluster-weighted factor analyzers," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 5-40, March.
- Nicolas Städler & Peter Bühlmann & Sara Geer, 2010. "ℓ 1 -penalization for mixture regression models," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 209-256, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.