systemfit: A Package for Estimating Systems of Simultaneous Equations in R
AbstractMany statistical analyses (e.g., in econometrics, biostatistics and experimental design) are based on models containing systems of structurally related equations. The systemfit package provides the capability to estimate systems of linear equations within the R programming environment. For instance, this package can be used for "ordinary least squares" (OLS), "seemingly unrelated regression" (SUR), and the instrumental variable (IV) methods "two-stage least squares" (2SLS) and "three-stage least squares" (3SLS), where SUR and 3SLS estimations can optionally be iterated. Furthermore, the systemfit package provides tools for several statistical tests. It has been tested on a variety of datasets and its reliability is demonstrated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Statistical Software.
Volume (Year): 23 ()
Issue (Month): i04 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.jstatsoft.org/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schmidt, Peter, 1990. "Three-stage least squares with different instruments for different equations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 389-394, March.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1978.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1251-71, November.
- Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Estimation of seemingly unrelated regressions with unequal numbers of observations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 365-377, May.
- McElroy, Marjorie B., 1977. "Goodness of fit for seemingly unrelated regressions : Glahn's R2y.x and Hooper's r2," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 381-387, November.
- John Freebairn & Bill Griffiths, 2006. "Introduction," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(s1), pages S1-S1, 09.
- Christian Kleiber & Achim Zeileis, 2010.
"The Grunfeld Data at 50,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 11, pages 404-417, November.
- Lampe, Markus, 2009.
"Effects of Bilateralism and the MFN Clause on International Trade: Evidence for the Cobden-Chevalier Network, 1860-1875,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 69(04), pages 1012-1040, December.
- Markus Lampe, 2009. "Effects of Bilateralism and the MFN Clause on International Trade – Evidence for the Cobden-Chevalier Network, (1860-1875)," CQE Working Papers 0209, Center for Quantitative Economics (CQE), University of Muenster.
- Mirko Seithe & Lena Calahorrano, 2014. "Analysing Party Preferences Using Google Trends," CESifo Working Paper Series 4631, CESifo Group Munich.
- Arne Henningsen & Géraldine Henningsen, 2011. "Econometric Estimation of the “Constant Elasticity of Substitution" Function in R: Package micEconCES," IFRO Working Paper 2011/9, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Zhang, Yanwei, 2010. "A general multivariate chain ladder model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 588-599, June.
- Christian H.C.A. Henning & Géraldine Henningsen & Arne Henningsen, 2012.
"Networks and Transaction Costs,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(2), pages 377-385.
- Henning, Christian H.C.A. & Henningsen, Geraldine & Henningsen, Arne, 2011. "Networks and Transaction Costs," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114549, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Delia Bailey & Jonathan N. Katz, . "Implementing Panel-Corrected Standard Errors in R: The pcse Package," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 42(c01).
- Ott Toomet & Arne Henningsen, . "Sample Selection Models in R: Package sampleSelection," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 27(i07).
- Vasco A. P. Cadavez & Arne Henningsen, 2011. "The Use of Seemingly Unrelated Regression (SUR) to Predict the Carcass Composition of Lambs," IFRO Working Paper 2011/12, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Ole Boysen, 2012. "A Food Demand System Estimation for Uganda," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp396, IIIS.
- Hess, Sebastian & Surry, Yves R., 2011. "The CDET Profit Function: Could it generate a Parsimonious Agricultural Sector Model?," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114539, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jaghdani, Tinoush Jamali & Brummer, Bernhard, 2011. "Demand for Irrigation Water for Pistachio Production from Depleting Groundwater Resources: Spatial Econometric Approach," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114457, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Achim Zeileis & Roger Koenker, . "Econometrics in R: Past, Present, and Future," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 27(i01).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.