Enjoy the Joy of Copulas: With a Package copula
AbstractCopulas have become a popular tool in multivariate modeling successfully applied in many fields. A good open-source implementation of copulas is much needed for more practitioners to enjoy the joy of copulas. This article presents the design, features, and some implementation details of the R package copula. The package provides a carefully designed and easily extensible platform for multivariate modeling with copulas in R. S4 classes for most frequently used elliptical copulas and Archimedean copulas are implemented, with methods for density/distribution evaluation, random number generation, and graphical display. Fitting copula-based models with maximum likelihood method is provided as template examples. With the classes and methods in the package, the package can be easily extended by user-defined copulas and margins to solve problems.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Statistical Software.
Volume (Year): 21 ()
Issue (Month): i04 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.jstatsoft.org/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hüsler, Jürg & Reiss, Rolf-Dieter, 1989. "Maxima of normal random vectors: Between independence and complete dependence," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 283-286, February.
- Bouye, Eric & Durlleman, Valdo & Nikeghbali, Ashkan & Riboulet, Gaël & Roncalli, Thierry, 2000. "Copulas for finance," MPRA Paper 37359, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Genest, Christian & Rivest, Louis-Paul, 2001. "On the multivariate probability integral transformation," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 391-399, July.
- Ali, Mir M. & Mikhail, N. N. & Haq, M. Safiul, 1978. "A class of bivariate distributions including the bivariate logistic," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 405-412, September.
- Fermanian, Jean-David, 2005. "Goodness-of-fit tests for copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 119-152, July.
- Peter Xue-Kun Song, 2000. "Multivariate Dispersion Models Generated From Gaussian Copula," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 27(2), pages 305-320.
- Pandit, Mahesh & Paudel, Krishna P. & Mishra, Ashok K., 2013. "Do Agricultural Subsidies Affect the Labor Allocation Decision? Comparing Parametric and Semiparametric Methods," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(1), April.
- Bee, Marco, 2011. "Adaptive Importance Sampling for simulating copula-based distributions," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 237-245, March.
- repec:ner:louvai:info:hdl:2078.1/114628 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schomaker, Michael & Wan, Alan T.K. & Heumann, Christian, 2010. "Frequentist Model Averaging with missing observations," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(12), pages 3336-3347, December.
- Sznajder, Dominik, 2011. "Copula-based testing for dependence structures.," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/319354, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Miao, Ruiqing & Khanna, Madhu, 2013. "Crop Insurance for Energy Grasses," 2013 AAEA: Crop Insurance and the Farm Bill Symposium, October 8-9, Louisville, KY 156936, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kim, Jong-Min & Jung, Yoon-Sung & Choi, Taeryon & Sungur, Engin A., 2011. "Partial correlation with copula modeling," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 1357-1366, March.
- Denecke, Liesa & Müller, Christine H., 2011. "Robust estimators and tests for bivariate copulas based on likelihood depth," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(9), pages 2724-2738, September.
- Christophe Dutang & Vincent Goulet & Mathieu Pigeon, . "actuar: An R Package for Actuarial Science," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 25(i07).
- Fantazzini, Dean, 2011. "Analysis of multidimensional probability distributions with copula functions. II," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 23(3), pages 98-132.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.