Bivariate Poisson and Diagonal Inflated Bivariate Poisson Regression Models in R
AbstractIn this paper we present an R package called bivpois for maximum likelihood estimation of the parameters of bivariate and diagonal inflated bivariate Poisson regression models. An Expectation-Maximization (EM) algorithm is implemented. Inflated models allow for modelling both over-dispersion (or under-dispersion) and negative correlation and thus they are appropriate for a wide range of applications. Extensions of the algorithms for several other models are also discussed. Detailed guidance and implementation on simulated and real data sets using bivpois package is provided.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Statistical Software.
Volume (Year): 14 ()
Issue (Month): i10 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.jstatsoft.org/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chib, Siddhartha & Winkelmann, Rainer, 2001. "Markov Chain Monte Carlo Analysis of Correlated Count Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(4), pages 428-35, October.
- Murat K. Munkin & Pravin K. Trivedi, 1999. "Simulated maximum likelihood estimation of multivariate mixed-Poisson regression models, with application," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 2(1), pages 29-48.
- D. Böhning & E. Dietz & P. Schlattmann & L. Mendonça & U. Kirchner, 1999. "The zero-inflated Poisson model and the decayed, missing and filled teeth index in dental epidemiology," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 162(2), pages 195-209.
- Wang, Peiming & Cockburn, Iain M & Puterman, Martin L, 1998. "Analysis of Patent Data--A Mixed-Poisson-Regression-Model Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 16(1), pages 27-41, January.
- Chumacero, Romulo, 2007. "Altitude or hot air?," MPRA Paper 15178, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2008.
- Lluis Bermúdez i Morata, 2008. "A priori ratemaking using bivariate poisson regression models," Working Papers XREAP2008-09, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Jul 2008.
- Bermúdez, Lluís & Karlis, Dimitris, 2011. "Bayesian multivariate Poisson models for insurance ratemaking," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 226-236, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.